Light-O-Rama Forums

Events in the sequence are stretching and compressing.

keyboards

As an admitted newbie to this, I've searched the forums and read probably anything that has anything to do with timing issues, but I can't seem to get past this problem I'm having.

I bought Sequence store sequences (YCM versions) and got the exact songs from LOR at the same time and have verified that the timing is correct.  I've checked my settings for cut & paste, I've locked the timings and everything else I can find with timing issues.

I'm taking these sequences and copying the channel events to another  "blank" template I set up with my channel configurations (the purchased sequences are 32 ch versions - The tree I am doing the programming for has 185 separate channels to it).  I use paste by time and use the same MP3 file on both.  They all work and stay in time UNTIL I start to do some other copy & pasting on the new template.

What I notice is, that as I do more copying and pasting on the new template, event are skewing on the timeline.  This is really getting irritating and I'm running out of time to get these done.  I even put a "Timing channel" on the tracks and use the Tapping Wizard to pop in a .05s event on the timing track.  I'll set up a beat event for one of the channels and after working with the other channels for a while, I'll notice that events I had previously set up had changed timing, even if they were copied and pasted from one another.

If anyone can just point me in a direction, I'll go there.  I'm always willing to learn and being I'm a newbie to this stuff, I've probably missed something somewhere.  Just let me know if I missed a lecture somewhere along the way and I'll go back to "school"...and smack myself upside the head to make sure the lesson stays in there....

Thanks in advance!!

7 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Did you adjust the mp3 song to a constant bit rate of 128?    where you located at in  the suburbs

Dennis;

Tnx for the response.  Yep, the songs were originally 128CBR when I got them, but I saw several posts about running the songs through Audacity more than once, so I ran them through again.  Have not tried them since, as it was getting late and I wanted to post out here to get some other ideas....that, and my eyes were getting more bloodshot 'cause the screen was going red...  =OP.

Over yonder in J-town, west of you.

I am assuming you copied the timings and placed them in your new sequence, then started putting the commands in. Unless the mp3 as Dennis said isn't 128 cbr, then somehow you are moving timings without realizing it I and I can't think of how that is possible without knowing.

SPaschall

Dennis Laff and SPaschall;

Sorry I haven't responded to this earlier; life has been getting in the way.

I decided to eliminate any and all doubt by going through all the songs twice with Audacity to make sure they were firing the way they should be.  Evidently the songs timings rely on the actual bit rate to process the sequence timing (wasn't aware of that correlation!).  I reloaded one of the twice-reprocessed songs I was having an issue with and now it seems rock solid.

Many thanks for the pointers.  Now it doesn't necessarily preclude the fact that I might be moving something accidentally, but at the very least I know where the problem isn't.

"Hold on there...it must be a hardware issue.  I can see there's a nut loose on the keyboard!"  =O)

Thanks again!

Jim Richards

• Like 1