Light-O-Rama Forums

This years Christmas project

Quefol

wow very cool! I would love to see a behind the scenes video on that!

Also what was the control system? I could hear mechanical relays, Im guessing a arduino? raspberry pi? Vixen 2 with relays? Or is it all mechanical with simple 555 timers and momentary switches with latching relays? Super curious, I am working on a similar project a guillotine candy bowl for halloween....

Edited by canadianchristmas

I'm using a parallax propeller activity board. The code is written in propeller c. The  mechanical relay you here are controlling the elevator lights they are connected to what is called a Darlington Driver (just a bunch of transistors) designed to switch the 12v mechanical relays on and off using the low voltage output of the microcontroller. It is all powered buy servos both continuous and standard. There is a microswitch installed at the bottom of the elevator witch tells the microcontroller to reverse the continuous servo and bring the elevator back up. And another micro switch at the top of the elevator for home position  

That is awesome!  Very creative idea and even the big kids will have their mouths open watching it.  I know I did.

I can see "You took that long & all I get is 1 little freaking candy cane!" "Let's trash this place!"

So, if you are in a bad part of town, ship it to me. I'll take good care of it for you. :)

• The topic was locked