Light-O-Rama Forums

Recovering Sequencing Files from .SEQ file

Ineedmorelights

Hello,

I have an SD card with several .seq files on them - I believe this is the format the MP3 Show Director uses.  I want to see the original sequencing files on them so I can edit them again, but i'm not sure how, or if I even can.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  

Is there any way to take the .seq file and make a new show from the files?  Meaning the .seq should have dates/times associated with it... can I change those and keep the .lms file embedded as is?

Thanks for the help, Sir.  

I wouldn't know.

This is from the, "I have no idea if it will work, plus I'm tired" department ...

If the SEQ files are indeed the actual commands, and the CFG files are controlling when things go, then it might be possible to create new times, and copy the old seq/mp3 files to the new sd card. However, their could very well be something in the cfg or seq file that links the two files together, that would then render all of this moot.

Do you not have the original files?

I do not have the original files.  All I have is an SD card with the .seq files and a .cfg.  

I understand it's late, but I really do appreciate your help.  I will continue to explore the Hardware Utility manager to see if there is some way to modify the .seq's to support different times.  Thank you again!

The business side of me says to go back to where you got the SD Card from and ask them to modify it for you. It might be intentionally difficult/impossible to modify. *shrug*

As Don said, there is no way to make an LMS from a SEQ.  It is a one way conversion.

You could do what Don suggested:  Copy all the files from the existing SD card to somewhere safe on your computer.  Use the Simple Show Builder to create a new show with a 'dummy' sequence.  Schedule it the way you want it to run.  Now copy the files back from the safe spot on the computer to the SD card.

That will ONLY work if your original card was set up to use SHOW 1.  If you had multiple shows on your card you can still do it, but it requires a lot of renaming files/etc.  

When purchasing sequences from any source, ALWAYS ensure you get the LMS/LAS - even if it is protected.  That is the only way you can re-create a show.

When I go to the Simple Show builder and look to add the .seq file, it does not recognize it as an option to move from the left pane to the right.  Looks like it wants it to be a .lms or .las.  Is there an option I'm missing?

2 hours ago, Ineedmorelights said:

When I go to the Simple Show builder and look to add the .seq file, it does not recognize it as an option to move from the left pane to the right.  Looks like it wants it to be a .lms or .las.  Is there an option I'm missing?

Nope.

Sorry without the original LMS files, there is really no way to do this.  What DEVMike stated will work, but it is very time consuming and in the end, it may not work at all.    I tried this when I stupidly thought the files on the SD card were the same as the LMS files, they aren't, and I deleted all the original LMS files I had created thinking I could "edit" the SEQ files, found out the hard way and hundreds of hours of work down the tubes, it's not really possible, nor is it practical to try and recreate a show from SEQ files.   Renaming and moving files to do so can be a royal pain in the butt, and like stated, the end result may not work or may only partially work.

If you can get the original LMS files that created the show on the SD card, that is the only real viable and best way to edit and reproduce the show.    Otherwise, you're basically really out of luck if you can't get access or find the original LMS files you need to edit things.