Light-O-Rama Forums

SONG CLIPS DOESNT TRANFER WHEN MULITPLE SONGS WRITTEN

racerc20

Howdy all.  Issue I'm having is I am trying to transfer about 15 sequences for a Halloween themed display.  all the songs transfer to an 8 mb card.  during playback the first 4 songs were fine the 5th song only played about 45 secs worth then switched to the next song.  that song played in full then another song did the sam ething clipped after 30-40 secs and the next song played in full... the two problem songs if burned by themselves play fine.

using simple show builder and showtime central hardware with sd card player and fm xmtr. 

any ideas. 

Thanks

Carl

sorry 8gb  mistyped.

I just created the show again with only two songs and it clipped at the 27 sec mark. 

so not a  space issue.  whole song plays fine in sequence editor.

Carl

in looking at the size of the sequence files of the 2  the one that clips is only 5k and thither one is 27 k  songare with 5 to 10 secs of each others time. 

The mp3 file should definitely be a lot larger than 5 or 27k, they should be close to 1.5 mb. What size are the files on the computer you are transferring them from? Sounds like they are not cpying correctly.

Now are you saying the sequence file is only 5k? If so are you copying the correct file? You should be copying the .lms file.

Each sequence will have four files associated with it in your directory, check you are using the correct file.

Edited by Mr. P

I am only running a 16 channel controller and most of my files are small.  the LMS file compared to another song seems about half the size.  it stops and restarts at the 26 sec mark.  when playing through the controller and show director. 

when it plays in sequence editor it plays all the way through no issues.

Ok I mustve changed a setting somewhere that is causing this.  anything that was created prior to yesterday and turned into a show works fine.  the last 2 songs sequenced yesterday play about 25 seconds then loop back to the start then they play the whole song then it plays the clipped 25 sec version.  IT did this even after I built a new sequence using the same song.  Cant think what setting I would've touched or what got clicked... any ideas...

Carl

Mr. P I believe we are not communicating here.  Ill start over.

I have a 16 channel controller with show time central sd player and fm transmitter.  I am a total newbie at this and am sequencing rudimentary on and offs to the music...

Yesterday I finished 2 sequences burned a new sd card with all 17 songs and fillers, when started the program when it got to the first new song it played the first 26 seconds then stopped and went to the next song.  when it got to the second new song it did the same thing.  All of the other Older songs (sequenced prior to yesterday) play and light fine.  Is it possible that I turned something on or toggled a setting causing them to only play the first 26 secs.

I then burned a second sd card with just one of the new songs.  when I played it, it stopped at 26 secs again then began playing again and this time it played the whole song.  when it finished it played the 26 sec song and then looped back into the whole song.

Not sure what I did or what setting I may have toggled.  Is there a preview or something I might have done.  When playing the sequence in editor it runs start to finish fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carl