Light-O-Rama Forums

High speed and regular adapter

BMurray

Can the adapters be attached to the same com port and run without problems or do they need to run on separate com's. And if they have to run on separate ports how do I let the LOR software know which port is for which network ? 

Thanks to those with advise 

-Billy

When each adapter is connected, Windows will assign a serial port number - Example, Com1, Com2, etc. On my show computer, they are Com3, Com4, and Com5. It's the comm port number that you assign in Network Configuration to your Regular, and I assume in your case Aux-A networks.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

When each adapter is connected, Windows will assign a serial port number - Example, Com1, Com2, etc. On my show computer, they are Com3, Com4, and Com5. It's the comm port number that you assign in Network Configuration to your Regular, and I assume in your case Aux-A networks.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Thank you.  Just the right info...

• 1 year later...

I have  two usb adapters connected to pc  each is assigned it's own port  3 and 4

I am having a bit of trouble  understanding how   I get both networks tested thru hardware utility . When  I open the utility and select the port  and do a refresh on firt port  everything goes as planned. But once  I select second port   I get error message and window pops up saying  The  network A Aux is set to none for it's port?

How do I get   both networks  operating at the same time

On my standard network I have  the ac controllers and  I have purchased  six cb100d controllers and  want to have them operating on the Aux network

Have you setup the networks in Light-O-Rama Network Configuration? If Aux is set to none, this sounds like the issue. Read through this thread and see if it helps, if not post back.

btw, 2nd post, Welcome to the group. :D

Alan...

• The topic was locked