Light-O-Rama Forums

What ami doing wrong with instant sequence

Shamusseven

I am new so bare with me.  I have been playing around, watching tutorials and searching in help menus and forums.   I have been getting good results in working instant sequencing when it comes to my ccb's.  But for the life of me I can't seem to get it to sequence my AC lights I have on the visualizer I imported in.  SS sees that they are there as I see the channel lines it added and visually I see the representation of those lights in the image with in SS.  I can get instant sequance to simulate the ccb's but nothing is sequence on the non ccb's.  I thought I read that SS can instant sequence my entire set up so What  am I doing wrong?

I don't use Instant Sequencing in SuperStar because I much prefer the control I get doing it myself (in SuperStar), but I have played with it.  I do believe that Instant Sequence is capable of sequencing your non-RGB devices, but I warn you that you may not like the results.  With so few channels and no RGB, it will be not much more than a bunch of blinking lights.  It makes the lights flash, but just looks like a bunch of flashing lights, and not something planned.  On the other hand, manually sequencing 16 channels (especially in a "support" role to your CCBs should be pretty easy.  Learning SuperStar does take some effort, but once you get it figured out, it is extremely powerful.

Thank you a you are probably right.  From some videos I did look at it did not appear all that great.   But as for Halloween I was hoping it would do for a song or 2.  Some of the rgb settings I have liked.  But then I am just wondering what I did wrong since I can't get it to work on my AC lights.   

For regular lights (lights that are not RGB) use the new "Rapid Fire" trigger type in Instant Sequence and it will look better. There is a tutorial on using rapid fire. Have you looked at that tutorial?

As for your original question, you say instant sequence is not doing anything on your regular lights? It should work on regular lights as well. One thing to know is that Instant Sequence will only do 24 rows of lights. Do you have more than 24 rows?

I have not looked at rapid fire specifically but did see a reference to it. Did not see that was designed for non rgb.   Good to know.  I will look for that tutorial.  

As far as the instant sequence I have 9 AC channels and the the 4 ccb lines.  And as far as the pairing goes the system placed 3 pairs and 3 individual lines.  Not sure if that makes sense but that means the are 6 lines of AC channels (3 with 2 each) and then the 4 lines for the ccd's so only 10 lines showing.  ( empty green squares.).  Above that in the timing, I see  effects being shown but only on the first 4 lines.  And again, below the empty green boxes I see the visualization of my house with the RGB's and AC's represented.   BUT when I play an instant sequance all I see are the rgb lights playing.  

Edited by Shamusseven

Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I can set up a time to remote into your computer and see what is happening.