Light-O-Rama Forums

RBG? COSMIC? OMG Help?!

Christmas_nolagirl28

So my fiancé and I took the plunge last year and started with a 16 channel simple hookup for our Lightorama show. This year we wanted to up the game and do a MegaTree with the images but I have no idea on set up, complexity of design via software (he deals with music and sequencing and I do the decor and set up of what goes where), or which is the better option nor the difference. I feel like I've read it all on what's on here but I'm still really confused.

I'd really appreciate some help on this. I've stayed quiet since December on here but am getting ready for the heavy season and we've got our song selection for Halloween done and are prepping to start getting everything up in the next two weeks. But the meager would be for Christmas which I'm already prepping.

Thanks in advance you guys have no idea how much I appreciate it.

xoxo from NOLA

You first need to decide if you want to go CCRs or if you want to go pixels. CCRs are more expensive but they are more user friendly, pixels are cheaper but there is more involved in programming and setting up your networks.

• Like 1

So for a newbie on the whole RGB/CCR which is the best one to start with? I've seen a lot of packages like this one at holidaycoro (I'm not pushing them just the link/tab I had open) http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/832.htm but I'm not sure on how it works. Does that make sense?

4 minutes ago, Christmas_nolagirl28 said:

So for a newbie on the whole RGB/CCR which is the best one to start with? I've seen a lot of packages like this one at holidaycoro (I'm not pushing them just the link/tab I had open) http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/832.htm but I'm not sure on how it works. Does that make sense?

If you have any computer experience I would say go with pixels. You can get a nice 16 ribbon tree for about $600-$700. If you go CCRs then that same 16 ribbon tree will be $3900. The one you linked from HC does not include lights.

Edited by Mr. P

You are officially my angel today! I'm thinking we're going to go with something like this http://www.holidaycoro.com/12-Strip-Ribbon-Pixel-MegaTree-p/812.htm. How do you stabilize the lights so they don't flap in the wind? Is it weather resistant? Winter in New Orleans can mean anything aside from major snow storms.

If you are going with that setup then make sure you have the LOR advanced license as you have to run that controller in E1.31. As for the ribbons, I mounted mine on 1/2 inch emt conduit that you can get from Lowes or Home Depot.

Here is an idea:

9 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

If you are going with that setup then make sure you have the LOR advanced license as you have to run that controller in E1.31. As for the ribbons, I mounted mine on 1/2 inch emt conduit that you can get from Lowes or Home Depot.

Here is an idea:

Nicely done. One question;

does your tree shake much when shooting hoops?

• Like 1

Just now, Mega Arch said:

Nicely done. One question;

does your tree shake much when shooting hoops?

Not my tree but mine is exactly like that just not on a basketball goal.  :)