Light-O-Rama Forums

c9 strobes fs

ericm

Then wouldn't your lights "flashing" to music or even just blinking to an animation sequence send the kid into an epilepsy episode?   

I had a relative, now deceased and they couldn't tolerate any type of lights that would be flashing, twinkling or pulsing, it would send them into an epileptic fit.  They passed away long before I got into the LOR family, but we used to use those old animated lights that had their own control box to make the lights chase, twinkle, fade, etc.

Anytime that relative would visit us during the Christmas season, we always had to set all the animated lights to steady on because of his epilepsy issues.   He usually didn't travel or visit folks during Halloween or Christmas because of his epilepsy condition, but if he did happen too, all lights had to go "steady".

I know some are affected worse than others, but it's always been my understanding that no epileptic can be around any type of constant or even intermittent flashing lighting because they could trigger a seizure.

I know strobes are a lot more powerful when they flash, but I'd think you wouldn't be able to do any type of animated light show either due to the child's epileptic issues.

Edited by Orville
punctuation correction.

He was fine with the lights last year, he told me he's usually fine except for strobe lights.  They cause more issues then any other flashing lights.

Some people have it worse than others.

I purchased some RGB floods to use as strobes. After seeing how much just the window frames lit up the whole street, I decided to keep them pointed at the house.

Use the shimmer tool sparingly. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2016 at 10:12 AM, ericm said:

He was fine with the lights last year, he told me he's usually fine except for strobe lights.  They cause more issues then any other flashing lights.

That's good.  He must have a much milder form.  I've seen some where a person would go into seizure just by flipping a standard light fixture off and on rapidly.  

Xenon strobes though usually do affect anyone that has any form of epilepsy since they are so bright and depending on the flash rate can really mess a person up.  

Shoot, they mess me up and I don't even have the disease! ROFL  {Wait for it, I just know George Simmons will come up with a  blurb for this one.   Go for it George, I'm waaaaaaaiting. LOL}

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Received my box today. Arrived in great condition. Smooth transaction. Great guy.

Thanks.  Chris.  

2 hours ago, Cdanna77 said:

Received my box today. Arrived in great condition. Smooth transaction. Great guy.

Thanks.  Chris.  

Thanks!

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:31 PM, manitoutheos said:

Are the strobes C-9's still available? What is your best price? If price is right would take all.

Please let me know status of delivery.

6 hours ago, manitoutheos said:

Please let me know status of delivery.

Not really sure what you mean, I've only sold 25 to one person,  cdanna77,. And he has already received them.  I have revived no other payments for the strobes. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am interested in buying th4 75 of them for $300.00 I thought I sent payment through paypal and will

need to recheck it to verify reachable 815/985-1002 Norm

If transactions above fail through, I would like to buy 15 of them immediately for my mega tree.  I can send money via paypal today.  Just let me know if you have any currently available and I can send payment.

• The topic was locked