Light-O-Rama Forums

Deleting Tracks, How To??

bdwillie

Hello all!

Another how do you question. 

I have been perusing some shared sequences learning and learning, and I came across one that has me really intrigued!  After going to find the music (thank you ITunes!), I had never heard that version of an old classic before. 

Someone worked HARD on the timing marks in this sequence.  So here is the question.  The original LMS file has way more channels than I can do, so I would like to import my channel configuration,  delete all the sequencing but keep the timing grids as is..  So far I can do this.  What I can't seem to be able to do is delete tracks.  I have basic plus (?) that allows me to have two tracks, but this sequence seems to have 8 or 9.  I need to delete some tracks.  If I right click on the track headers,  there are several choices including delete track.  BUT delete track is greyed out and I cannot delete it.  Any ideas would be appreciated!  I would hate to have to redo all of the timing marks since someone has already done them perfectly!

Your learning Newbie,

Bobby 

The timing marks are not part of the track.    For each track you can select which timing grid to see at any time.  The current timing grid may not align with the effects seen in the track.    Deleting a track does not remove the grid.   

7 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

The timing marks are not part of the track.    For each track you can select which timing grid to see at any time.  The current timing grid may not align with the effects seen in the track.    Deleting a track does not remove the grid.   

I get that (about the only thing though LOL!), Just want to delete all but two of the track as I don't need them with my channel configuration, but the delete command is greyed out when I select any of the tracks I want to delete.  Hope that makes sense!

Bobby

Hmmm   I have not seen this limitation and I use tracks extensively on the Advanced level.  What level of SE are you using?  It could be preventing some commands on tracks.   

Does your context menu look like this?

deleteTrack.jpg

Bdwillie indicated he has Basic Plus, which may limit his ability to delete tracks.  Since basic plus only allows 2 tracks.  Not sure how it allows the shared sequence to be used with more than 2 tracks.  It may allow more than 2 tracks, but then you can not delete any.  Try adding a track and if you can then see if you can delete it.

Hmmm   I have not seen this limitation and I use tracks extensively on the Advanced level.  What level of SE are you using?  It could be preventing some commands on tracks.   

Does your context menu look like this?

Yes, but my options are greyed out.  I think I am running basic plus

1.PNG.af6567063bcbc2b243356bcc244169cf.PdeleteTrack.jpg

GUYS GUYS GUYS!! oh and GALS!!!!!  I GOT IT!!!!!

Went up to the menu bar and hit the drop down there for tracks and it only showed two tracks instead of all ten, but it would let me delete track 1 and 2,  then Whala!!!  3 and 4 turned into 1 and 2,  wash rinse repeat!  Figured it was something simple!!

Thanks everyone!

Bobby