Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer – Sequence Editor: All works using legacy format, but only partially using intensity data

Ed K

When playing a simple sequence in Sequence Editor that I created in SuperStar and exported using the legacy format, all my props display properly in Visualizer.  However, playing the same sequence in Sequence editor using instead the intensity data file that I also created from the same SuperStar sequence only displays the DMX matrix, and does not show any lights blinking/flashing for the one CTB16PC controller and the one LOR CCR controller/ribbon. 

Control Panel is running and I have Pro v4.2.10.  I did not see a potential solution for this in DevMike’s “OMG! S4 Visualizer doesn't (insert problem here)”, nor in the forum (but could have missed it).

Any suggestions?

20 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Do you have the lor controllers in enhanced mode check network preference 

No.   Do I need to set enhanced mode for the two LOR controllers  to assure that Visualizer shows the three props working?    By enhanced mode, do you mean set the speed of my COM 3 port to 500K?

In my sample test sequence, I have one LOR CTB16PC controller, one LOR CCR controller/ribbon, and one DMX 16 X 9 pixel matrix.  All three props show in Visualizer when I run SE with the legacy formatted file.  However, only the matrix works in Visualizer when I use the intensity file SE.

26 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Do you have the lor controllers in enhanced mode check network preference 

Dennis, thanks, your suggestion resolved my issue.  That's the first I've used enhanced network, being the noob that I am.

Now, without any changes other than changing to enhanced network:  (1) LOR's Hardware utility sees only my two LOR 16 controllers, but does not see my CCR controller when I do a refresh without control panel running, and (2) my lights don't play when I run Sequence Editor.   Lights do display in Visualizer when I run the sequence.

I have Control Panel running, and Play Lights is selected in Sequence Editor.  I unplugged the CCR controller, waited 30 seconds, and plugged it back in.  The Max Unit ID I have selected in Hardware Utility is greater than the highest Unit ID of my three LOR controllers.   I also tried both regular files in SE, as well as using intensity files, but neither will play my lights.  I went back to LOR's network (slower speed, but recommended by LOR).

This looks complex, but really, the only thing I changed was moving to enhanced network.