Light-O-Rama Forums

FS: several ctb16pc controllers and two ctb16pc controllers

nutz4lights

Hey all,

I am looking to sell the remainder of my LOR AC controllers. I think three of them are PC type, 30A. Two are the D type 40A controllers. All 16 channels. All in cases with some type of cables coming out of the case. I know two of the PC series controllers have zip cord and vampire plug cabling coming out. These were all working and will be verified to be working before I would ship them out, otherwise I will send them to LOR to inspect. The controllers have been used appropriately for many years. I bought the 12 LOR controllers I had between 2006 and 2010, so these are from that time range.

When I sold the first seven a few years back, I believe they went around $150. I don't know what folks are paying these days, so let's start at $150 and go down, i.e. make some offers.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks for looking.

Louie

Hard to tell in the pictures, but the '40 amp' controllers ... have you made the required modifications for the controllers to run at 40 amps?

If not, then you should mention they are configured for 30amp usage, but capable of going up to 40amp.

Hi Don,

I purchased these controllers from LOR with the promise of them being 40A units (which if memory serves me, meant purchasing them with the high power heat sinks mounted by LOR).  I don't see why I should have to modify anything to run at a performance level that I purchased them to run at.  As you can see by clicking my name, I've been around this forum since 2007 (like you) and other forums since 2005 and I guess I've never come across a thread suggesting that these had to be modified.  Can you clarify what it is that you are referring to?

Thanks,

-Louie

You can't run 20 amps on a 15 amp plug. :)

They come from the factory set to run at 30 amps, 15 amps per side. However, unlike the PC controllers, they have the ability to run 20 amps per side. Do that requires modification to the male plugs, and the fuses. 

Ahh, ok, well that is common sense!  I thought you were going to say that components had to be swapped out, etc., which I had never heard of.    ;)

I purchased these from LOR as the assembled card only (obviously they would NEVER use an ugly yellow weatherproof case like I did!) and I wired the feed cords to the controller cards.  I am using 12AWG wire and 20A plugs (those are the grey plugs that you see in the pictures for the yellow box 40A controllers).  Fuses are set at 20A.  So, yes, these are 40A controllers.

-Louie

I don't understand what the problem is, like why anyone has to sweat the guy. You can see the pictures right there, so why insinuate he isn't representing it correctly?

Drew

Uh ....

Hard to tell in the pictures, but the '40 amp' controllers ... have you made the required modifications for the controllers to run at 40 amps?

If not, then you should mention they are configured for 30amp usage, but capable of going up to 40amp.

Was just checking. I couldn't see the picture well enough to tell. Having seen other members get blasted by people buying used equipment, I figured I would ask so that anyone seeing the thread would have answers to questions they didn't know they had.