Light-O-Rama Forums

Party Rock Anthem

Need more lights

I know most people on here don't like non-Christmas songs, but this was a BIG hit this year, I had people dancing to it and saying to start it over again! It's one of my favorites so far...took over 15 hours to program it. I think for a 3rd year programmer, it came out pretty good.

• Like 1

Great Job, I love that dancing star on top of the tree. I use that song in my Halloween display. Lots of dancing going on in my driveway on Halloween night. 

I use this version for the Christmas display and still get lots of dancing kids on the driveway. 

Edited by Box on Rails

Awesome! Love the beat!!

Thank you! It was a fun song to program! My kids put me up to it. Turns out, I really like it and a big hit.

Edited by Need more lights

Hey Kenny, Thank you! That star is homemade, 6' tall, 2 channel, 500 ice white led lights. It packs a punch huh? It's my beat master.

Dude, are those surfboards? That's Trick! I'm in the Northeast, on the water near beaches, but not surfin' this time of year! It's 36 and water temp is 51 last I checked.

I just found out about this song and want to do it next year, I tried to dub it over my existing sequence but as close as it is, it's different. Damn it! Your place looks awesome! I like the red talking tree, nice chic change up.  Palm trees lit up for Christmas are killer!

Hey Kenny, Thank you! That star is homemade, 6' tall, 2 channel, 500 ice white led lights. It packs a punch huh? It's my beat master.

Dude, are those surfboards? That's Trick! I'm in the Northeast, on the water near beaches, but not surfin' this time of year! It's 36 and water temp is 51 last I checked.

I just found out about this song and want to do it next year, I tried to dub it over my existing sequence but as close as it is, it's different. Damn it! Your place looks awesome! I like the red talking tree, nice chic change up.  Palm trees lit up for Christmas are killer!

That Star is 6 foot tall Beat Master. That is Sweet. I can send you my sequence for Jingle bell rock with the MP3. it will give you a good starting point. just post your email.

Yup Surf boards. My theme is Santa's Surf Shop. I also have a couple of palm trees in the yard. That Red tree is really Orange. I use it as an evil tree in my Halloween display also. that Jingle bell Rock video is from 2014 and Tragically those trees blew off the roof in 2014 and the only one to survive was the evil tree. go figure. I changed the trees to the smaller 2 foot by 2 foot and placed them on the ground to prevent that issue again but the evil tree still survives in the Halloween show. here is Santa's Surf Shop 2015.

• Like 1

That Star is 6 foot tall Beat Master. That is Sweet. I can send you my sequence for Jingle bell rock with the MP3. it will give you a good starting point. just post your email.

Yup Surf boards. My theme is Santa's Surf Shop. I also have a couple of palm trees in the yard. That Red tree is really Orange. I use it as an evil tree in my Halloween display also. that Jingle bell Rock video is from 2014 and Tragically those trees blew off the roof in 2014 and the only one to survive was the evil tree. go figure. I changed the trees to the smaller 2 foot by 2 foot and placed them on the ground to prevent that issue again but the evil tree still survives in the Halloween show. here is Santa's Surf Shop 2015.

That song is awesome! you could send me that if you want.  

Santa's Surf Shop is a great theme! I love it!

I already have Jingle bell rock on MP3 and I already started sequencing it too, so thank you anyway, but I'm already on it. 

The Evil Tree Lives!  would make a good horror movie LOL! It's was still a cool change up. 

Hey, did you ever think about making faces for the surf boards? Just a thought. 

Ruquicker@comcast.net

Hey, did you ever think about making faces for the surf boards? Just a thought. 

Oh No. Another great Idea that I will probably have to fixate on. lol Singing surf boards. I love that Idea.

Nice, good job capturing the feel of the music! A lot of displays just sort of get the beat and then blink randomly from there.

Party Rock was actually the first song I ever sequenced, when I had a meager 16-channel display. I might have to revisit it next year. I was happiest with how the "zipping" effect came out on the windows around 2:15. Man, that first "mega-tree" was pretty sad. I started learning about LoR in late Oct that year...so yeah...

Ok, so you want to go back to our 16 channel days? this piece of pathetic work is the first song I ever programmed...it's bad, to the point of embarrassment. I got my LOR in Nov 2013 just before Thanksgiving. The camera didn't help any either.

BTW I think yours is better than mine for a first run!....We've come a long way since then my friend!

I try to put the feel of the songs in all my sequencing...THANKS FOR NOTICING!!!  

• Like 1

• The topic was locked