Light-O-Rama Forums

Make Sequence Shorter

Stan B

My Wizards sequence is too long by about 4 seconds.

Can I just shorten it in the sequence itself? Or should

I shorten it in Audacity and then copy it back into 

the sequence?

It is best to have the audio file the same length as the sequence, so I would shorten it in Audacity. Don't forget to make sure it is CBR export.

If you have silence at the end of the sequence/audio, just end the total time of the sequence. No need to shorten the audio.

It is best to have the audio file the same length as the sequence, so I would shorten it in Audacity. Don't forget to make sure it is CBR export.

When a sequence is playing, it is going off the time of the sequence, not the audio. So the same length isn't really a factor, unless the sequence is longer than the audio. Then you will have issues.

To the OP, can you provide more info to your "too long by about 4 seconds" concern? Is it too long at the beginning or at the end?

If it's at the beginning then yes, you'll need to chop off that part at the beginning of the audio in Audacity, then skew the beginning of the sequence to the new timing of the audio.

If it's at the end of the sequence, then just shorten the sequence.

The key here is, the sequence needs be shorter than the audio, if by only a 10th of a second. The sequence timing must be shorter or "Exact" timing to the audio.

Edited by Santas Helper

If you have silence at the end of the sequence/audio, just end the total time of the sequence. No need to shorten the audio.

When a sequence is playing, it is going off the time of the sequence, not the audio. So the same length isn't really a factor, unless the sequence is longer than the audio. Then you will have issues.

To the OP, can you provide more info to your "too long by about 4 seconds" concern? Is it too long at the beginning or at the end?

If it's at the beginning then yes, you'll need to chop off that part at the beginning of the audio in Audacity, then skew the beginning of the sequence to the new timing of the audio.

If it's at the end of the sequence, then just shorten the sequence.

The key here is, the sequence needs be shorter than the audio, if by only a 10th of a second. The sequence timing must be shorter or "Exact" timing to the audio.

It is too long at the end. I have about 4 seconds of dead silence.

Thank you for the advice !!!!!