Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence not playing in show?

SparkDr

I went out last night to view my show for the 1st time this season and noticed that the new sequence which was added this year is not playing as part of the show. The sequence plays fine through the SE and controls the lights as it should, but it skips right over it in the show. To give some background info, it is a shared sequence that was downloaded to my PC just prior to upgrading my license from S3 Advanced to S4. I recall seeing a popup notice of some type indicating that the sequence was made in an earlier version of the software at some point in time, but of course I breezed past it without giving it the deserved attention. My controller is a standard CTB16PC. Any thoughts? A forum search wasn't much help, but I'm probably not using the correct keywords.

Edited by SparkDr

Not sure what the CP status log is or how to access it, so I just ran the verifier on both the sequence and the show. The only thing that stands out to me on the results is when I verify the single show and look at the folders in which the sequences are saved. All of the other sequences show as being accessed in the same folder (Documents and Settings\My Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\Sequence Name.lms). The new sequence shows as being accessed from folder (Documents and Settings\Tom Coutant\My Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\Sequence Name.lms). When I look at my sequences folder it does has the sequence there with all of the other but the properties are different as noted above. Am I closing in on the problem?

Edited by SparkDr

I believe you are.   I would make sure that the sequence and audio are in the same folders with the rest of the songs and then go into the show editor and delete the song that is in there and re-select it.

Sounds like you're on the right track. 

If you left click the LOR control panel light bulb in the system tray the status log will pop up and display the show events as they happen. It shows the paths to the playing files, and any errors it encounters.

My S3 software would not load or recognize my S4 file updates. I had to upgrade the software/license on my system running the show to match my new files. I have a sequencing system and a computer dedicated to running the show. Ultimately I just opened and resaved everything from sequences to shows to schedule to get them all at the same level and now it runs without a problem.

I think this difference in the file locations is this the problem, but can't seem to find the solution. It shows as being saved in with all of the other sequences, but the properties refer back to the other location. I've been trying to find a way to move the file with no luck thus far. I also tried to make a show containing this sequence only and run it on demand. It initializes and then quickly rolls over to no active show. Thanks for the help thus far. I've been plugging away trying various fixes on this all morning while at the same time trying to monitor any additional advice here on the forum.

That could be it also. I had to move all my files from D:... to C:...  It wouldn't find them to run until I did. Since all the files are XML I just did a mass file change and made sure to locate the proper string and made the changes in one quick pass.