Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Tree lag problem

kdjz28

I built a new 12 CCR Tree for this year's show. I had a significant lag on several shows, maybe two seconds or more. I researched the Forum for solutions and have implemented some. Some songs are in sink now, but at least one (Wizards in Winter) is not. A couple of others' lights quit mid-show. Some seem to skip or drop some segments. I remember seeing something a few months back about "nudging" or delaying the audio file to get things in din

My test environment is running only the 12 CCR Tree (CR150D's.) I use the LOR1602Wg3-MP3 to play the shows. The CCR Tree is 100' from the MP3 and connected with a Cat6 cable. Am using the Aux channel for the CCR tree. I use an LOR800Wg3 for the 6 channel star.     

I updated all the firmware and software. I updated the Network Configuration for AUX A to 500K and  Enhanced. Primary is 115.4K, although noting is active on it for this test.

I exported the SS files with the Legacy option and tried again. My changes improved some shows, but not all. 

I tried exporting using the Intensity option, but when I try to play them, I only get audio. Looking at the SD Card files, audio looks normal size, but others are only 1K. I really like the Intensity concept the shows start quicker and smoother. 

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks. 

How many networks are you running, basically 2 is required for a 12 CCR tree. I see you mentioned the aux channel, you need to try 6 ccrs on each network,12 is too much for one

oilmoney, thanks for your response. 

I think I have the lag issue under control. When I went to the AUX A Network, I was still trying to use the Simple Show Builder to create a show, which caused a "no events found issue."

Turns out Simple Show Builder can only see/use one network.

Working this issue, I tried the Hardware Utility (HU) to build the shows. HU allowed the AUX A network to be defined at 500K and Enhanced. The Enhanced setting allowed using Intensity exports, rather than Legacy. I used SuperStar to export the files via Intensity, rather than Legacy and  improve the throughput. 

The CCR Tree shows run great, with no lag issue on the Aux A Enhanced network. Yeah! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Similar experience: legacy network starts misbehaving when 8-12 ccrs connected. Using intensity files I've got 32 CCRs/CCBs on a single network (without legacy devices) with over 200 ft network cable and it runs great.

I have a 12 ribbon ccr tree also, and i use the Simple show builder, but i have 2 networks for the ccr tree, and 1 for the 5 other controllers, and i have no lag.

Edited by Larry Leonhardt

Update: Got the lag problem cured, but had a "sticky pixel" issue. Some pixels might stay lit after a show. Only powering the controllers off/on reset them. Ran a variety of diagnostic steps.  I was using the G3-MP3 for the show which limited the the high speed network to one network. I ordered the parts to use a laptop and went that direction. Setup an enhanced Aux B network for ribbons 7-12. Implemented the laptop for running shows and sticky pixel issue is history. No lag. Less hassle for managing shows.