Light-O-Rama Forums

no control panel

mrforemark

Today I'm trying to use my LOR for the first time this season.  I can't get my control panel to populate.  

I am able to get:

Simple Show Builder

Hardware Utility

Sequence editor

Must my license be renewed every year?  I have not allowed the computer that drives the show have access to the internet.

OK I've done:

Start, programs, L O R, control panel but it won't populate.  My tray icons are all visible but not the red bulb.

Some operating systems, there's a small up arrow in the bottom right task bar. Look in there. Once in there, right click on the bulb

Nothing was happening when I clicked on my control panel.  I am not sure what worked. I know once I got it to open it wouldn't let me enable shows.  But I know I unpinned it from my start bar and restarted the computer. I think my next step was trying to open it by clicking on the light bulb in the task bar. I have an old computer that has not been connected to the internet for two years. I know I didn't have to up grade to get it to work.

If it is pinned to the task bar, that is not the running control panel. It is just the icon to start the cp. You cannot right click it and see the cp options. The light bulb must be in the sys tray icons at the right end of the task bar. This you can right click on to get the cp options.

Some operating systems, there's a small up arrow in the bottom right task bar. Look in there. Once in there, right click on the bulb

When I click on that arrow a box with hidden icons appears but not the red bulb.  I tried restarting but still no luck.  I can open show builder as well as a few other LOR program options, just no tool bar. 

Ok, go to this location in the computer

C:\Program files (x86)\Light-O-Rama

Look for LORTray.exe and doubleclick it. That should open the control panel

When you did have the light bulb icon on the task bar, when you right click it, did you also have "Launch at Startup" checked?

If not, it should be, this will always start the LOR software when the computer starts, then you can just right click the bulb and Enable your shows from there.

This way if a show is enabled and say you have a power glitch that restarts your system, the LOR "enabled" show will automatically restart, unfortunately IT DOES NOT start where it failed/left off, it starts from the opening sequence{if one is used and your license supports it} or it starts from the first sequence in your show file.

Edited by Orville

Ok, go to this location in the computer

C:\Program files (x86)\Light-O-Rama

Look for LORTray.exe and doubleclick it. That should open the control panel

I see a file called LORTray but have none called LORTray.exe

When I double click the LORTray it pinned the bulb to the task bar but the CP will not open when I click it or right click and select it.

Ok, what version of LOR are you using? What is your license level? Have you checked your license capability via the LOR site? I suggest you put in a help desk request right away and get them on it. You might disconnect from the internet, disable your AV software and see if it suddenly works.

I see a file called LORTray but have none called LORTray.exe

When I double click the LORTray it pinned the bulb to the task bar but the CP will not open when I click it or right click and select it.

You have the bulb icon in the task bar correct?   If so, when you right click on the bulb do you get a pop up box with a list of menu options in it?   If yes, THAT IS the "Control Panel", although I've read somewhere that the newer software versions will open the LOR Control Panel even if the bulb is in the task bar.  I'm still using an older version 3.8.2 and the only way to open the control panel in my version is by right clicking the bulb icon to get to menu and all the options available.   Clicking the Control Panel from the desktop does nothing in my version.   And I'm using Win 7, but worked the same in Win XP.

The bulb eventually populated in the task tray.  All of my animation sequences work but all my music/animation sequences generate an error just like last year.  I decided to go back to using my old netbook which works fine. It's more challenging when writing sequences because of it's size and my old eyes.  

Thanks for everyone's help.  Shine On...

Mark