Light-O-Rama Forums

3 controllers not working

Softball Shawn

Quick rundown: I have (16) standard PC16 LOR controllers. In the HU it can find all 16 and I can test them all. But when I play a sequence, #'s 11, 13 and 14 do not activate. I have specifically tested these three in the HU and even reassigned their ID's to them but they still will not work in a sequence. Any ideas?

Channel configurations are fine. It just doesn't make any sense. They are located with the HU and work just fine when testing with the HU, but they refuse to operate in a sequence with the same configuration.

couple things to check

in the network configuration, make sure the comm port and speed are set correctly, same as HU

make sure "play lights" is selected

make sure the "comm listener"/ control panel has been enabled

Edited by wmilkie

Quick easy test,   change the unit ID for one of the ones not working to the unit id for one that is working and change that units ID to the one of the one you are testing.   if the problem moves to the controller that was working you have a configuration issue, if the unit still does not work likely you have a controller issue or a cable problem. 

Quick easy test,   change the unit ID for one of the ones not working to the unit id for one that is working and change that units ID to the one of the one you are testing.   if the problem moves to the controller that was working you have a configuration issue, if the unit still does not work likely you have a controller issue or a cable problem. 

+1

Just got home and tried that. No worky. One controller I was having issue with was #11 and the one next to it, #12 was working fine. I swapped their ID's and the problem followed to the original controller now numbered #12. It is happening on 3 of my 16 controllers (11, 13 and 14). The rest work fine and I have run the verifier with no issues other than the 12 CCR tree channels not working because I do not have them programmed in my test sequence.

Like I said, I can individually access these three controllers through the HU and they operate just fine, but they refuse to operate in a normal sequence. Since the data is flowing in and out I would assume that my cables are fine but I will try that next just to be sure.

Thanks again and if anyone has anything else for me to try I am all ears!

Another update that I just saw. All three of the controllers that I am having issue with are running CTB16PC Ver.-4.40

The other 11 that work fine are 16PC-G3 Ver-1.06

Do I have a firmware issue? I went on the LOR website and 4.40 is the latest firmware for the V2 boards.

I have opened a trouble ticket but have always had such great luck with help on these boards that I figured this couldn't hurt.

Posting this fix just in case anyone else is having this issue. Of the 16 controllers, 13 of them were the current gen3 and the 3 that were not working were the older V2 board. I had the network setting at 500k and the V2 boards cannot operate above 115k. Changed the network speed to 115k and its all working like a charm.

• Like 1