Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels come after being off

Dennis Laff

Hi I am running 2 strips of pixels on 2 universes off a jousha systems ECG P2. 120 pixels on each universe injecting power at 50 pixels and at end of strip Lights are fine during show but about an hour after show the pixels start to glow a faint red any ideas what the problem could be .

• 4 weeks later...

There is noise going out from your laptop which could come from any number of sources that when the comm listener chimes in you will get this. You are not alone and it does not matter what controllers you use. I find that even with all anti virus removed and wireless networks off Windows 10 will look for security and create a message. I power off pc after every show and unplug all 1.31 controllers to eliminate any chance of flickering. Yes I have to plug back in before show time and restart laptop but it solves the problems and the shows run fine. I have a show that is an hour long before it repeats with large files and across four networks on 24 universes that mix four different manufactures is 1.31 controllers with LOR controllers. I am using 4.2.6 and hope that some day the comm listener will not be needed but until such time just power down and don't loose any sleep over it.

Hi I am running 2 strips of pixels on 2 universes off a jousha systems ECG P2. 120 pixels on each universe injecting power at 50 pixels and at end of strip Lights are fine during show but about an hour after show the pixels start to glow a faint red any ideas what the problem could be .

Had the same thing happen last year. Mine was on a P12S. I don't really know if it was the board or some other gremlin, but, I am no longer using the P12, and have not had any flicker this year. Check for water intrusion also. Sometimes there's just enough moisture in there to cause flicker and it's hard to spot. As CK57 says, most likely it's noise in the Cat5e.

There is noise going out from your laptop which could come from any number of sources that when the comm listener chimes in you will get this. You are not alone and it does not matter what controllers you use. I find that even with all anti virus removed and wireless networks off Windows 10 will look for security and create a message. I power off pc after every show and unplug all 1.31 controllers to eliminate any chance of flickering. Yes I have to plug back in before show time and restart laptop but it solves the problems and the shows run fine. I have a show that is an hour long before it repeats with large files and across four networks on 24 universes that mix four different manufactures is 1.31 controllers with LOR controllers. I am using 4.2.6 and hope that some day the comm listener will not be needed but until such time just power down and don't loose any sleep over it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/KAB-ENTERPRISE-CO-LTD-3-Outlet-Outdoor-Yard-Stake/45995532

http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-24-Hour-Yard-Stake-Timer/12566342

http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-15153-GE-Mechanical-24-Hour-1-Outlet-Plug-In-Timer/25524763

I use these. I have 3 indoor timers from the garage, 12 plugs coming from the outdoor timers. The outdoor timers are just set to on and the 3 smaller ones turn the power on and off at my designated time. At least you won't need to go out every night and turn them on and then off after the show. I actually forgot one night to power everything back up. My show was dark for about 15 minutes.

This also helps with garage door problems. It's been discussed multiple times across many forums and social media about garage door remotes not working. I did some experimenting this year and realized, if any controllers for RGB is powered, which means the RGB strings are also powered, the garage door does not work hardly at all. I unplugged 1 of 12 plugs at a time and until I unplugged the last one, the remote did not work. As soon as the last one was unplugged, it worked. 

Edited by Ron Boyd

That's not it I only use green. Actually the problem was the voltage was at 12/9 volts when I turned it down to 12 volts problem went away and never came back.

Edited by Dennis Laff

That's not it I only use green. Actually the problem was the voltage was at 12/9 volts when I turned it down to 12 volts problem went away and never came back.

I was going to suggest that. I've also seen it with a bad ground.