Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel configuration question

alaskastudio

By the way, I received your payment for a star. Since you are in Alaska it will cost more to ship it there. Did you get my email concerning that?

Just paid it. Sorry I don't check that email account to often. How are you going to be shipping it?

I will ship it by USPS Priority mail.

As for your question about intensity data files trying to control channels that are also in the main sequence, it doesn't work. Even if the channels in the main sequence are never turned on, the intensity data file will conflict and the lights will probably constantly flicker. 

So any channels in an intensity data file should not be in the main sequence.

It will ship tomorrow. Priority mail is supposed to get there in 2-3 days, but it is not guaranteed to get there in 2-3 days. But there is a good chance it will get there Friday.

As for your question about intensity data files trying to control channels that are also in the main sequence, it doesn't work. Even if the channels in the main sequence are never turned on, the intensity data file will conflict and the lights will probably constantly flicker. 

So any channels in an intensity data file should not be in the main sequence.

So just to make sure I understand as long as I don't have the channels for the star(s) in SE it will work just fine even if I am using all of the other channels on that same controller through SE (all on Network #1, Unit #1)?

It will ship tomorrow. Priority mail is supposed to get there in 2-3 days, but it is not guaranteed to get there in 2-3 days. But there is a good chance it will get there Friday.

Awesome! Will you be selling the globes with pre-mounted CCP's and controllers next year? I am going to try to use the globes as "Christmas tree balls" in one of my big spruce trees next year.

I would like to sell the globes with pre-mounted CCPs, one problem though is that they get more bulky and the box has to be bigger and the shipping charge goes up just because of the size of the box.

Unfortunately, I believe the way superstar is coded, it exports all channels of a 16 channel controller in the intensity data file. 

Actually, I can't remember, now that I think about it, I think I changed it so that only the channels used for the star get exported. The way to check is to export the file and click on the intensity data and it will say what unit IDs and channels it is using.

By the way, I think that somewhere in all this someone asked about have two different props using the same sequencing, that is being mirrors. To do this, you can just assign the controllers the same unit IDs or same DMX addressing and they will both respond to the same commands with no overhead.

By the way, I think that somewhere in all this someone asked about have two different props using the same sequencing, that is being mirrors. To do this, you can just assign the controllers the same unit IDs or same DMX addressing and they will both respond to the same commands with no overhead.

Good point! I love simple solutions!

<snip>

I'm not sure why they made it so if you run advanced it cant run legacy as well. You would think they would have made it if the software was set to enhanced mode, but it does not find a intensity file it defaults to legacy for that one song.

Even though a network is set to enhanced format, it can play a "normal" file from SE or the show player just fine.  I run a year round landscape lighting show with two LOR networks.  One of them was set to enhanced several months ago after updating the firmware in the CMB16D controllers to allow them to use an enhanced network.  None of the landscape shows use intensity files and have been working just fine.  For christmas, almost all of my show is the same files from last year (no intensity files since they had not been released yet).  I have had no trouble playing the files on either of the two networks that are set to enhanced mode.  In fact, I just ran a show on demand for Wizards of Winter which is using an intensity file from SuperStar for almost everything, and confirmed that channels that are controlled from the intensity file and channels that are on the on the same enhanced network, but sequenced in SE and therefore NOT part of the intensity file both work on the same network at the same time.