Light-O-Rama Forums

Director Cards

Erik

I've been asked to help do a display at the city park for next year, and I'm thinking running the show off of a computer like I did with my display isn't going to be the best option so I'm wondering about the director cards/MP3 players is what we will need to get. Any of you that have gone these route I would appreciate suggestion.

What do I need?

Is my thinking below correct?

I'm assuming the 1 of the 2 components LOR DC-MP3 and mDC-MP3 would be added to a controller like the LOR1602W I used this year or get the LOR1602MP3 is all of it put together already?

I would then need to connect a transmitter to the unit in order to broadcast?

Because I didn't want to teather my computer to the controllers, two years ago I purchased the LOR1602W Show Director with MP3 Player described here http://store.lightorama.com/lowishdiandm.html and it worked flawlessly.All of the sequencing is performed on my PC and then downloaded to an SD card along with instructions as to when to start and stop the show. The MP3 player has a jack for a mini-plug which connects to my FM transmitter. So the entire program stands on its own. The controller arrived as a complete package. Nothing was needed. No soldering, no attaching cords. Plug-n-play essentially. The SD card reader was included along with a USB cable.

In 2007 I added four CTB16PC units and again, everything worked as anticipated. In 2008 I plan on adding additional CTB16PC controllers, when the sale rolls around. Highly recommend the set-up for those who don't want to be teathered to a computer.

Let me know if you have additional questions regarding my experience with the LOR1602W/MP3 Show Director.

Tim

Guest wbottomley

I've had the DC-MP3 Director Card for two seasons and wouldn't trade it for any pc running the show!

I love the stand-alone ability it has. I'm usually at work when my show turns on and not one time did I get a call that it wasn't running. So all in all, I HIGHLY recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me if the new LOR2 sequences will run on the DC-MP3 device? I have not installed LOR2 gamma yet but will get to grips with it soon. I too have used the DC-MP3 device for two years now and I cannot recommend it too highly.

Martin

Guest wbottomley

grandad wrote:

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me if the new LOR2 sequences will run on the DC-MP3 device? I have not installed LOR2 gamma yet but will get to grips with it soon. I too have used the DC-MP3 device for two years now and I cannot recommend it too highly.

Martin

Ran it this past season with LOR II.

I purchased a separate card for use. I keep the card in the house with a Cat 5 cable running through the window.

This way, I do not have to go outside in the cold to change the program. I also keep two cards (one to run and the other to reprogram if I have a change).

Mountainwxman wrote:

grandad wrote:
Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me if the new LOR2 sequences will run on the DC-MP3 device?

Martin

Ran it this past season with LOR II.

Thanks for the reassurance Mountainwxman, and to you also Dale, I know you responded in my cross-post.

Martin