Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB strips mmmmm what s happening

Heffo

Done some testing tonight one ribbon of lights is wrong colour to the rest

So what I have is two dumb strips linked together by a " Y " in the middle one is changing the right colour let's say blue and the other one is red when it should be blue as well can not work out why this is so I was just thinking if I run them on two seperate channels should this work and the colours will be both blue at the same time

They are probably wired differently. Some are made RGB some are BRG and so on. look on the tape as they are usually labeled. Or the Y is wired wrong and could be a crossover.

Edited by Mr. P

They are probably wired differently. Some are made RGB some are BRG and so on. look on the tape as they are usually labeled. Or the Y is wired wrong and could be a crossover.

+1.

Ive had the "factory" wires crossed before. Can you solder?

BTW... Thanks for your service Mr P.

tj

• Like 1

With dumb strips, just follow the colors. Red to red, green to green, blue to blue and whatever is left (usually white or black) is the 12V power feed.

I've said this before but a good way to test dumb rgb is to get a 9V battery with leads attached as a portable tester for checking your wiring or the maufacturers connections.

I bought some RGB strips from holiday Coro just this last year that were wired wrong and marked wrong. Blue and green were reversed even even though it was marked on the strip. I found out from another source this was a common problem for a while. So don't assume it's correct use a nine volt battery like was mentioned or a 12 volt battery and test first

I also had a problem with the light o rama dumb ribbons. Some of them were wired wrong from the factory! Just re-do the wiring.  

I also had a problem with the light o rama dumb ribbons. Some of them were wired wrong from the factory! Just re-do the wiring.  

Really?  Please open a trouble ticket with your order number so we can research this.  

• 2 weeks later...