Light-O-Rama Forums

Instant Sequence Rapid Fire Trigger Tutorials

BrianBruderer

Very nice Brian. I like the right multi row. I use the random same row a lot, but have never used the native for the color. I use the RGB by effect mostly.

I have to ask, at the 9 minute mark, you show on the house, what each row was assigned to. How did you make it so the windows, even though spaced in different rows in the visualization, they were on the same row in the grid?

The windows and door are in a prop. And the bushes are in a different prop. Superstar will keep the fixtures within the same prop together on the sequencing grid.

The windows and door are in a prop. And the bushes are in a different prop. Superstar will keep the fixtures within the same prop together on the sequencing grid.

Oh ok. SO now i have some experimenting to do. On my viz i would like the 4 mega arches to be on the same row but right now they are on 3 different rows. so put those  into a prop and i can have them on 1 row then?

I said I was waiting until after this year's shows are done to upgrade my software to include rapid fire.

Humm ....

Very nicely done Brian.

Might just have to rethink my position...

Thanks a lot Brian, I was almost done with my sequencing, now i am gonna go back and re sequence the house thanks to you. Messed around with putting all rows on TCM1 and choosing random rows, got a much better effect. Good thing is, it wont take me long to do.

Brian,

I have been messing around with the Instant Sequencer, i set the set the color by effect, put color movement to 2 seconds and put movement to random rows. I really like the way it looks by sticking with one color, does this look good in real time or should i stick with not by time on the color?

Its your choice. Try each one and see if you like it. For what it is worth I do like to use "color by time" because it tends to make things look less blinky.

Its your choice. Try each one and see if you like it. For what it is worth I do like to use "color by time" because it tends to make things look less blinky.

It looks real good in SS, I went and found some videos on youtube of some displays that use that technique. And you are right, does make it look less blinky and more smooth. Your tutorial has really helped my show this year.

I have also found that on certain songs, in the timing map, the volume makes for some real smooth effects as well. Especialy for song sung by Pentatonix.