Light-O-Rama Forums

How to get sequences for CMB24 as main controller?

KSlush

So i want to use "Dumb RGB" to start my decorating with.

How does a "normal" purchased 16 channel sequence work with a CMB24, if at all? Or is it a full custom programming? Im so new to this and starting kinda late i think for this year..but gotta start somewhere.

No, if it did anything it wouldn't be what you were hoping for. A CMB24 has 24 channels and are ideal for RGB. RGB have 3 channels per light so your controlling 8 devices or 8 dumb RGB strips with it. That's why LOR sells the dumb RGB ribbons and floods in 8 packs. It is full custom ( custom means you do it yourself ) programming.

• Like 1

custom sequences. They are not really that hard to sequence. What songs were you thinking of doing. I might have a sequence or 2 in for RGB pixels from a CMB24 I could share. 

Edited by Box on Rails
  • Like 1

You could use 8 of your current 16 channel as 8 rgb channel on the cmb24d.   You'd copy/paste 8 of your 16 channels , into 8 rgb channels.  They would default in as red color and you would then have to customize the color to your choosing.

A CMB24d can also be ran as 24 single color channels.  So you could  have all 16 of your channels on the cmb24d, with 8 channels left unused.  Obviously the light color would be wahtever the dump light's color is.

You can also mix and match single and rgb channels on a cmb24d.  I'm do this with several cmb24d...8 single color channels, 5 rgb channels (15  channels), for a total of 23 used channels and 1 left unused.

• Like 1

custom sequences. They are not really that hard to sequence. What songs were you thinking of doing. I might have a sequence or 2 in for RGB pixels from a CMB24 I could share. 

I was just gonna do some christmas songs. nothing in particular. something to get started, but it sounds like this will be put off till next year as i just dont have the time. 

is there another board that would allow a different controller to control the outputs. like a power injection board that had 1 control input, power injection input, and 6-8 outputs? then i could use a generic RGB controller to run all 6-8 strips.