Light-O-Rama Forums

Help setting up pixel tree on even ground

need lights

This is my first time using a pixel tree, or any pixels for that matter. I'm using sixteen strands for a 360 degree tree using E1.31 and pixel nodes. I went out to measure the distance from the center pole(proposed location) to the bottom of the strand(where it touches the ground). From one side of the tree to the other, there is a difference of about 2 feet or so measuring along the ground from the pole to the end of the strand. That's when I realized the ground is sloped, slightly, creating this issue. I need to come up with a solution, because I am assuming if I just make them all equal to the shortest distance, that would create spare pixel nodes that can't be used which would make the tree look uneven on some animations/sequences, or will it? If I just allow the strands to be different distances from the pole in order to use the entire strand(one side will be about 110" from pole and the other about 80" from pole) will there be any noticeable undesired results? Maybe I am worried about nothing? I was going to use some pixel strips with 1" spaced holes(will space pixels at either 4" or 5") to keep tension off of the wires.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I plan on setting the concrete for the base this week.

I would increase the height so that the shortest leg is as long as the strings/strips  and let the legs with the longer distance end above the bottom of the tree so the pixels are on the same plane.

• Like 1

I would increase the height so that the shortest leg is as long as the strings/strips  and let the legs with the longer distance end above the bottom of the tree so the pixels are on the same plane.

That's what I did. The branches of my pixel tree are 1/2" EMT, and all the same length, so I extended the ones on the lower ground with dowels that slide inside the conduit. Doing it this way makes the branches all the same, so I only need a few spares to replace any dead branch.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I am just going to extend the pixel strips longer than the pixel strands to reach the ground. I hope I don't need any spares this year...