Light-O-Rama Forums

Concerns about Lighst until christmas

Daneisenberg

Hey guys. If I start putting up the lights in my 25 foot trees with my cherry picker around October 15, do you guys think they will last until christmas? Brand new LEDS. I bought about 30,000 more lights during the holiday sale and need to start earlier then last year. Please let me know what you think and if all of your lights last until the holidays if you start setting up early. Thank!

My LED's are up for months at a time. I usually have to wait until most of the snow is gone before I can get them down. Some on my trees I've used for 7 years & still going strong, so I wouldn't worry about it. 

The weather elements shouldn't effect them at all.

But you might have to shoot some squirrels & birds to make it that long.

:o  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about it either. But then, that's easy for me to say since they're your lights.  B)

I've had LEDs out continuously for 6 or 7 years and while the lens gets faded a bit, when lit they're still the same color as when they were new.

Edited by George Simmons

My only concern would be if you get a wind storm where branches break and rip strands apart. But I live in Oklahoma where that could be a factor with large/tall trees. You living in NJ, not sure if that's an issue unless a hurricane come sweeping by. :o Glad to see Joaquin stay off the coast for you guys.

Of course an ice storm could do the same thing, around here anyways.

Edited by Santas Helper

Good thing you are not here in SoCal, it got down to almost 70 here yesterday! Brutal weather for putting up lights. I had to put on a long sleeved shirt.

I heard that... Its was a partly cloudy fairly calm 20 mph wind gusts here today at 72 degrees...

I was so uncomfortable outside working on my Halloween display today... oh how I hate the fall and winter days here in southern California..

In Nj I started setting up yesterday for Christmas and it was 68 and I loved it compared to the 20's and 30's we get later closer to late December.

Mi pixel strips have been up since October 2014.

Properly secured and assembled I see no issues

Edited by sticks4legs