Light-O-Rama Forums

xlight/nutcracker software

clueless67

different software, doesn't really work "with LOR" that much... at least not like you are thinking if you are thinking like I think you are thinking..

How can you say that I've used nutcracker for three years with lor  it's getting easier to use every year.the effects are similar to the new pixel editor.

How can you say that I've used nutcracker for three years with lor  it's getting easier to use every year.the effects are similar to the new pixel editor.

Yea I use it too, next year I am going to make the switch from LOR SE and go over to Nutcracker completely. It is a Awesome program! 

I agree with Dennis in that Nutcracker is similar to pixel editor except it takes some work to export the Nutcracker file and copy it into LOR SE.

Do you need lor to run nutcracker and can hook up sd card to run show ? And what controllers do I use if I want rgb if hc is bad to buy from?

Edited by clueless67

OK guys.. read the OP's first post and then his second post and you will understand why I said what I said. 

Clueless, They are two different programs.. You can make files with NC that you can import into LOR.. but you need to understand what you are doing. 

LOR have an E1.31 Pixel controller now. It can also be run off of a standard Light-O-Rama network, which would make it easier. If you are using an SD-Card player.

Nutcracker is a very good program. Most people only use it for pixel programming, however it can control ordinary lights.

I do not recommend using Xlights Nutcracker to run your show. Earlier in this thread you mentioned an SD-Card, so I guess you are using a director box thing. To use this you must use LOR software. You could sequence some stuff in Nutcracker and import it into LOR.

You could do it differently. JMHO