Light-O-Rama Forums

Help/Advise for Good FM Transmitters?!

Daneisenberg

Hey guys, so I recently ordered the Whole house fm transmitter from Wowlights, but before I even got it, I already want to send it back when it comes (which should he on Tuesday) I've seen so many people having issues and I don't think it will do the job for me. What are good Fm transmitters that I should look into purchasing ASAP? I want to buy the Eclipse 4000 but it is out of stock...

CZH-05B

Google it on Amazon.

Get a model with the rubber ducky antenna - not the telescoping antenna - and a power supply.

Buy from a domestic seller so you don't have to wait weeks.

I have the CZE-7C transmitter with the telescoping antenna and it works very well. In my area.   It will transmit for about 1/2 mile down the residential block each way. I have the volume set to about half or it tends to break up and get distorted. 

Edited by Paul L Johnson

I to got the CZH-05B from amazon. Its easy to set up and easy to use.

Just Remember... DO NOT PLUG IT IN WITHOUT THE RUBBER DUCKY ANTENNA ATTACHED>   Get the one that has  rubber ducky antenna.. Much better then the extending one. Also run it on LOW POWER... and check your radio stations in your area to be sure and find a channel that is not being used.. set the power button to about the 11 o'clock position... almost toward the top left screw on the case... and your comp volume about or a little less then 1/2 way for sound that isn't distorted from it.

Quite a few past threads...do a thread search on "fm transmitter".  The transmitters from EDM are highly recommended by many...I got one.  They have a number of models and are a higher price point that the one above.

• 1 month later...

CZH-05B

I have an older EDM model and newer vehicles (last year, and now this year too) have complained that they do not get the audio.  A regular radio right next to the vehicle receives it just fine - I remember someone last year explaining this had something to do with the radios in the newer vehicles?  

Does the CZH-05B have this problem too?  Or is there a go-to transmitter that resolves this radio/vehicle issue?  Thanks for any thoughts!

The problem isn't the transmitter.  It's the car radios.  Seems like many, especially Toyota, have radios too evolved to properly receive and process simple FM stereo broadcasts.  Sucks to be them ...

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered the Vast Elec V-FMT212R RDS FM Transmitter, but not from the eBay link above.

It's $20 cheaper here and has links to download the software:

http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=192

Anyone here have one? I haven't seen any reviews but wanted stereo and RDS.

I been using the CZH-05B for 3 or is it 4 years now without any issues. Every car / pickup/ SUV I ever seen had no issues receiving the signal.  It is stereo & stays on frequency.