Light-O-Rama Forums

(Dumb) RGB Question

Janda

After endless searching I can't find the answer I am looking for so I come to the experts.  I have 8 LOR (Dumb) RGB's and a CMB24D controller.  Now I can't seem to figure out how to program them.  I am thinking the main issue is I have a standard license but I don't know what to buy, do I need superstar (if so which option), or a pro license  Can anyone please help and let me know exactly what I need?  Thanks again for all the help.

No need for Superstar or pro license if the single CMB24D is your hardware.   You have 8 pixels to work with.  Are they going to outline your house?

You don't need more license. All you are going to do is add a CMB24D device to your sequence. As Bob stated, you will add it as 8 RGB channels. The UI allows you to group them if you desire.

Once all that is added to your sequence. you would then sequence colors within the RGB channel using the LOR commands of your choosing.

If you go to smart or CCP/B/R or any pixel based E1.31, you would need to move up to the advanced license to do that.

Edited by zman
  • Like 1

No need for Superstar or pro license if the single CMB24D is your hardware.   You have 8 pixels to work with.  Are they going to outline your house?

Yes they are just an outline to our house, we are trying to use the halloween to both get some lights up and learn how to do this stuff.  It's been fun, frusterating and exciting all at the same time.  We look forward to all the fun for sure. 

Open a new sequence, add your music file, then add the device to the sequence as stated above. Sequence all you want. Hopefully you bought a 12Volt power supply and an enclosure if the controller is going to be outside.

Open a new sequence, add your music file, then add the device to the sequence as stated above. Sequence all you want. Hopefully you bought a 12Volt power supply and an enclosure if the controller is going to be outside.

I got the 12V power supply form LOR and an enclosure from holiday coro.  I was able to add the RGB channels it just seemed to easy.  Only two things I have not figured out yet and I have not done enough research is how to change the RGB colors (and if i can fade them in and out), and how to get them to show up on the visualizer, every time I try and add them in visualizer the little RGB tab is greyed out and they only blink white.

Edited by Janda

Color fade tool and fill tool are your friends when programming dumb RGB.

Ok this is what i thought.  I used the Orange to Orange fade tool to create my orange but I have not been able to test it on the strip yet to see if it works

When you add your element to visualizer make sure you:

1. Add as an RGB device.

2. Say that all channels share the same address.

3. Make sure the channel in visualizer is the same channel as is in your sequence editor.

As a note, any DMX device requires advanced software license. Not relevant here because this is a LOR device and I assume it is running in LOR mode.