Light-O-Rama Forums

pixel visualizer help

ryanfodgod

hey guys I'm trying to add 50 count pixel bulbs to my roofline in the visualizer. why cant I just draw the string set the universe and first pixel cannel count? what am I missing?

thanks in advance...

LOR Pixels using the LOR protocol, or DMX?

You can use the CCR Draw Tool or 'Draw Pixel String' tool, depending on what your wanting to do.

Are you getting any error message?

just dmx        I tried both draw tools but cant designate the channel for the first pixel... only error message if I duplicate the first pixel.

I think I figured it out.       I guess were talking pixel number now instead of channel number.... its working now...

thanks ......happy lighting..

• 1 month later...

Do I need to go to Pro to use NEW CCPixel strings in Visualizer?

I'm using 3.14 Standard and everything works great so I didn't see the point of upgrading license. Will be buying 3 CCP strings and the 8_CCR Superstar license.

• 1 month later...

How do I add roofline smart pixels using the LOR protocol in Visualizer?

Also, how can I make a fixture in Visualizer scale smaller?

Thanks

If you have S4 it's simple you select in visualizer the pixel tool draw your line on your roofline and add the number of pixels

Do I need to go to Pro to use NEW CCPixel strings in Visualizer?

I'm using 3.14 Standard and everything works great so I didn't see the point of upgrading license. Will be buying 3 CCP strings and the 8_CCR Superstar license.

Advanced or Pro. Since it's LOR, you may not even have to do that, but don't quote me.

How do I add roofline smart pixels using the LOR protocol in Visualizer?

Also, how can I make a fixture in Visualizer scale smaller?

Thanks

Draw it as a CCR.

Click on the prop and grab on of the 4 corner squares and click and drag.

You can use any tool in the Visualizer you like with any software level (demo - pro).  However the rest of the suite will only control those lights that your level can control.  IE, if you have basic, you can only control LOR Units 1 and 2 on REGULAR.  You need at least Advanced to control DMX native fixtures.  Etc....

I have PRO level. When defining the "pixel" prop where is the LOR network information entered.

It only depicts Universe # and #pixels.

I have done it with dumb RGB. Had to enter LOR information such as network, unit# and r/g/b unit numbers.

Thanks

Hello All,

I am just starting into the RGB world.  I have Pro / 4.2.12.  I am having difficulties with the Sequence Editor and the Visualizer regarding programming and display of pixels.  

Attempt 1:  Set up Sequencer as DMX Universe, Unvierse 1 starting at Pixel 1.  Did a test of 16 Pixels using on / off.  Created a Pixel string in Visualizer set to Universe 1 starting at Pixel 1.  Played song, nothing in Visualizer.

Attempt 2:  Using same Sequencer setup I setup a standard light string in Visualizer and pointed it to DMX for device, Universe 1 with the first channel as Pixel 1, the second as pixel 2.  Nothing displays in Visualizer.

Attempt 3:  Read the information here and created a CCR in Visualizer starting at physical pixel 1, regular network, Base unit 09,Unit ID Mode Normal, Resolution - tried 50 and 16 Pixels, Channel Mode tried Triples and Sequential.  In Visualizer when using Triples I would see the first pixel turn on as red, the second one as green and the third one as blue.  The pixel string had 16 pixels and when it reached the end, the pattern would repeat.  When using Sequential, the pixels came on in sets of three which were colored red.  When it reached the end of the string it repeated from the beginning.

Question - 

1)  How do I set up the Sequencer and Visualizer to show pixel strings?

2)  How do I program the color of the pixels?

3)  How do I add a RGB controller into the mix to get it to run with my LOR equipment?

I have read numerous topics in the help files without finding sufficient information to get this to work.  Is there some resource that would help me figure this out without spending endless hours regretting my decision to use RGB lights?

Hello All,

I am just starting into the RGB world.  I have Pro / 4.2.12.  I am having difficulties with the Sequence Editor and the Visualizer regarding programming and display of pixels.  

Attempt 1:  Set up Sequencer as DMX Universe, Unvierse 1 starting at Pixel 1.  Did a test of 16 Pixels using on / off.  Created a Pixel string in Visualizer set to Universe 1 starting at Pixel 1.  Played song, nothing in Visualizer.

Attempt 2:  Using same Sequencer setup I setup a standard light string in Visualizer and pointed it to DMX for device, Universe 1 with the first channel as Pixel 1, the second as pixel 2.  Nothing displays in Visualizer.

Attempt 3:  Read the information here and created a CCR in Visualizer starting at physical pixel 1, regular network, Base unit 09,Unit ID Mode Normal, Resolution - tried 50 and 16 Pixels, Channel Mode tried Triples and Sequential.  In Visualizer when using Triples I would see the first pixel turn on as red, the second one as green and the third one as blue.  The pixel string had 16 pixels and when it reached the end, the pattern would repeat.  When using Sequential, the pixels came on in sets of three which were colored red.  When it reached the end of the string it repeated from the beginning.

Question - 

1)  How do I set up the Sequencer and Visualizer to show pixel strings?

2)  How do I program the color of the pixels?

3)  How do I add a RGB controller into the mix to get it to run with my LOR equipment?

I have read numerous topics in the help files without finding sufficient information to get this to work.  Is there some resource that would help me figure this out without spending endless hours regretting my decision to use RGB lights?

Did you have the Control Panel and Comm Listener running? It must be running for the Visualizer to show DMX.

• Like 1

When I choose CCR for Visualizer prop the settings limit the starting pixel (1-50) and the resolution (50 max) I have network set at AuxA and Base Unit ID at 01.

The issue is I am using a Pixcon16 that can drive 170 pixels. So I need to input numbers greater than 50.

Please advise.