Light-O-Rama Forums

timing in purchased sequences (youcanmodify version)

msturtz

Hi, I'm editing a sequence I purchased from LOR.  I'm considering replacing the arches (controller 3, for others who use this layout) with a pair of CCR's, and trying to figure out how much work it'll be :-)

In the sequence, a lot of events don't begin or end on existing timing grid lines.  Did they just add additional timing grids and then remove them for distribution?  Or is there a trick I don't know?

Uploaded a screenshot in case my question doesn't make sense.

-Matt-

post-5980-0-84159300-1442105004_thumb.pn

That pattern can also be created using the stretch-to-fit paste option.

Replacing the arches is simple. Save the sequence under a different name and then just delete the arch channels. Add the CCRs and you're good to go.

Edited by George Simmons

Simple for you maybe, I'm on RGB learning curve.  Taking out 16 channels and putting in 300 sounds like a horrible amount of work.  Though as a start I could set the resolution to be 8 pixels and then copy and paste, except it wants to take the first three channels I copy and make them be RGB of the first pixel.  I'm sure there's a way to change that though.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll look at the chase, I never really got the hang of using that effectively.  I've *ONLY* been using LOR for about 5 years, so I'm still a relative noob.

-Matt-

Easy to add the RGB channels when your talking cosmic color stuff. You don't click on add channels, you will click on add device. That will take care of the 150 channels for each CCR.

Now what I did when I went from regular arches to RGB is I copied and pasted the first channel into RGB Channel 1 and then I copied and pasted the entire line from channel 8 into the last set of RGB channels. I then used the color fade to set the 1st row colors to what I wanted and used the chase tool to fill in from the 1st row to the last row. It will take the color from row 1 and will make a nice chase of that color all the way throw row 50. Simple

• 4 weeks later...

Easy to add the RGB channels when your talking cosmic color stuff. You don't click on add channels, you will click on add device. That will take care of the 150 channels for each CCR.

Now what I did when I went from regular arches to RGB is I copied and pasted the first channel into RGB Channel 1 and then I copied and pasted the entire line from channel 8 into the last set of RGB channels. I then used the color fade to set the 1st row colors to what I wanted and used the chase tool to fill in from the 1st row to the last row. It will take the color from row 1 and will make a nice chase of that color all the way throw row 50. Simple

I understand the concept but i can't picture it. You should make a video on how to do this so it can see it visually!