Light-O-Rama Forums

copying effects

Steelers95

Yes.  Select the effect(s) you want to copy (hold left mouse button and drag across the effect(s), then hit Ctrl+C to copy.  Set the timeline to where you want to place the copied effect(s) and hit Ctrl+V to paste them.  If you want to save them to paste into another sequence, like an image or text, copy using the above method, go to Edit - Load/Save Clipboard.  At the bottom, name the clipboard and click "Save Clipboard to File."

I think you are wanting to move an effect from one ribbon to another ribbon. There is not a way to do that with copy/paste. But you can move effects. If the effect is a scene, do the following:

1) click on the scene

2) In the Scene dialog box, click on Group Modify

3) At the bottom of the Group Modify dialog box you can move the scene any number of pixels in any direction

The Morph group modify has something similar.

Alright the group modify does work I just wish that it wouldn't move the original pixels. Don it does have something to do with that last thread, I'm just trying to figure out the quickest and most efficient ways to get the desired effects. I was watching one of Andy Harrisons videos and I think his sequencing is awesome so I was just trying to figure out how do re create one of the effects that he used. I really do appreciate all the help guys. 

steelers95-

If you select the scene as brian said, then copy then immediately paste (your new add will be there and highlighted), then go on to group modify as Brian described. This way your original pixels (effect) will remain.

I think you are wanting to move an effect from one ribbon to another ribbon. There is not a way to do that with copy/paste. But you can move effects. If the effect is a scene, do the following:

1) click on the scene

2) In the Scene dialog box, click on Group Modify

3) At the bottom of the Group Modify dialog box you can move the scene any number of pixels in any direction

The Morph group modify has something similar.

This would be an awesome capability and would make it much easier and efficient to manage/program using scene mode and then copy and paste the fx from ribbon to ribbon. Maybe something to consider. I find it easy to miss scenes when there may be hundreds of them in one sequence.