Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing intensity, speed of twinkle/sparkle

Jaynee

I downloaded a sequence that has a really slow-burn ramp-up on the lights for a good 30 seconds, but I can't figure out how he did it.  Is it as simple as highlighting that row for the whole 30 seconds and just marking it "fade up?"

Secondly, I can't find an option for slowing down the twinkle or sparkle functions.  I'd love for the random twinkle (or is it sparkle) to be really slow during some sections - almost an appearance of slow snowfall.  Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

First question: On the menu at the top of the SE, click the "Yellow Star" on the right, Select the icon that has fade, an up arrow and a question mark, (all in one icon). Select your desired intensity, 0 in the blue and 100 in the red, With that window still open, select the Fade up button that has the yellow star on it then select either the Twinkle or shimmer icon, both have a yellow star. Now just select the start box and drag to the stop box.

Second question: This has been requested in the past, but it has not been added to the software that I know of. On the second part of this question, since we cannot adjust the speed of the twinkle or fade, I don't believe there is a way. If there is, I would like to know too. 

Edited by Ron Boyd

Remember that the twinkle and shimmer functions are controlled by the individual lighting controller - NOT by the sequence.  All the sequence contains is: channel X shimmer at Y intensity for Z centiseconds (the intensity may be a ramp too).  Nowhere in that data stream is a command to change the speed of twinkle or shimmer.  Now if you want something pretty slow, you can manually create the effect.  As an example, see the first few seconds after the title in:

http://newburghlights.org/Video_2012.html

I manually created every twinkling light on the tree.  It's pretty easy to do (I used SuperStar for the tree), but rather tedious!