Light-O-Rama Forums

copying from 1 ss file to another

bbayjohn

Would really like to copy from one ss file to another. It seems the only way I can do this is close one to copy into the other. Would be nice if I could have 2 ss files open at the same time? Also how could I copy more than just the visible screen?

Cheers John

You can run two instances of superstar at the same time, but it doesn't really help because the clipboard in superstar won't work across two different instances.

After copying something to the clipboard you can use "load/save clipboard" to save the clipboard to file, and then you can open that file in another instance and paste it in. But it is probably easier to do what you are doing, that is, to copy something to the clip board, open the other sequence, and paste it in.

As for copying more than what is on the visible screen, you can do that by doing the following:

1) select what you want on the visible screen

2) scroll to the right and use Ctrl + left mouse drag to add to the selection

3) scroll again and use Ctrl + left mouse drag to add to the selection

4) keep doing this until you have everything selected that you want

Just be careful to use Ctrl + left mouse to add to the selection, if you just do left mouse click it will unselect what you have done so far.

Also, be aware that Ctrl + left mouse actually toggles what you have selected. It works the same way that Ctrl + mouse click works in Microsoft Windows when you are selecting files in a file list. If something is selected and you do Ctrl + left mouse then it unselects, if you do it on something that is not selected then it selects it.