Light-O-Rama Forums

yes i am an idiot

kingfish

a total newbie and am lucky enough for a kind member to share a sequence, now what to do. this would be my first. I can find videos on how to create a sequence but nothing on what to do with a share. this is my very first with everything and I am a bit lost I know once I do one, things would flow. anyone know of a video or a link I am missing

thank you

larry

John storms has some really good tutorials on you tube I think his name there is listentoourlights... A lot of great info

Hi Larry, no idiots or dumb questions here, everyone has to start somewhere. I will assume you have at least 1 LOR controller? If you have 1 controller it is shipped with a unit ID of 1, You need to either double click on the file you received and this will open up the sequence editor or open the sequence editor and open the file.

Depending on the sequence you received there will most likely be at least 16 channels, possibly more. Look on the left side of the sequence editor and you should see where the unit id says something like Unit 01.1 etc. (this could be different depending on who set up the sequence originally) you then need to match the unit/channel id with your controller and then when you play the file your lights should work, (assuming your controller and USB connector are set up properly)P  If its a musical file you will also need to load the Music by going to Edit-->Media File and choose the location of the Music file.

Probably left something out but hope this helps. If you need more help just ask! :D

I have no controllers at this time. I purchased three during spring sale. am I jumping the gun?

have not received controllers yet

Another option is to follow the video tutorials on creating the sequence and then you could copy/paste the shared sequence into the one you created. Do you have some sort of a design in mind?

Not jumping the gun at all, have you purchased the LOR S3 software?

+1 not at all, actually it's a very good way to start, get comfortable with the software first. It would be helpful for those trying willing help is if we knew what controllers you got.

i purchased the advance level license installed it and it seems to work fine although when i click on icon in task bar it says lor disabled but i have no problem getting into lor manually . i purchased 3 basic controllers no solder but i do install the plugs

i plan on doing faces for Halloween and xmas . i also plan to expand my design that was previously a 6 channel mr xmas

There are no dumb questions, rather only questions not asked when needed too be. You won't be able to communicate with the controllers until you've configured their addresses as already mentioned. You don't need to do this, in order to start "sequencing" in the software. You already have the advanced license which was a good move! "If" you intend on using controller ID's 1, 2, 3 in your proposed hardware configuration, pick a song, select the media file and assign it. Next, add your devices, by device type. When adding them, select the proper hardware ID for each of them as you add that device to the list. Once you have the three devices, 48 channels of them, make sure each is correct, then on the Edit pulldown, near the bottom, "Export" the hardware configuration into a file name that you'll remember. For the next song, you can then import that file, which saves you a lot of time. From this point, you are ready to sequence. Open the sequence that you received from the sharing person. "Assuming" that the shared sequence uses the "exact" music file you are using, change the copy/paste mode on the left side of the SE, to "paste by time", not paste by cell which is the default for unknown reasons. Select the areas, rows, columns you wish, right click, copy, then in the destination sequence, paste. I find its best for me, to select whole rows, copy, then into the destination sequence, paste from the beginning, the whole row.

I have a lot of these to do this year as I'm changing my hardware configuration so I have to create all new sequences, which in this case, is easier for me than editing each channel. The tutorials are very good to watch and learn from.