Light-O-Rama Forums

Hot to set RGB colors?

MonstrousMike

Here's my problem... How can I set the color of a dumb RGB device? OK, it is not quite that simple. I need to set the color AND take advantage of my old sequences.

For the record, I am very familiar with RGB values, as in using Photoshop and other photo/image editing packages. Making pure Red, Green, Blue and White are easy. Purple = Red + Blue. Yellow = Red + Green. This translates easily enough in the sequence editor: put the same effects on the appropriate RGB channels to get these basic colors.

It looks like playing with the intensity of a channel will give me greater control over the colors. For example, 100% intensity Red + 60% intensity Green = Orange (the shade of Orange that I want). Is this only way to control the color of RGB devices in the Sequence Editor? Should I even be doing this in the Sequence Editor? Should I be doing this in SuperStar? Something else?

I am adding the LOR RGB Flood lights to my Halloween and Christmas shows this year. I have a lot of sequences completed from years past that have standard flood lights already sequenced. I want to copy my existing flood light effects into the RGB channels AND produce the desired shades of Purple and Orange for Halloween. I tried using the Foreground and Background tools to apply 60% intensity to the Green channel to give me Orange. It kinda worked. It produced the desired shade of Orange, but it wiped out my fades. I really hate the idea of having to completely re-sequence the floodlight effects for all of my sequences.

Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I upgraded to S3 v3.12.2 today, but have not used it yet.

BTW, I created a prop for the LOR RGB Flood Light 8 pack using the CMB24D controller. Once I test importing the prop I will post it in the Visualizer forum.

Look for the Color Fade Tool. Use it to set your color.

Ps. If you don't want to fade between colors ... then fade between the same colors. 

Mike,

Every time I see your profile picture I jump back.

Swallowed my ice cube this time.

You're gonna really hurt someone with that someday.

Maybe shave and take another selfie.

Just saying..

- Daniel

Ah, it's all about Halloween! I'll see what other interesting Halloween-ish pictures I might be able to use. ;-)

Victory! The color fade tool going from Orange (or Purple) to black to fade-in/fade out! Fading between the same colors to simply set the channel on to a specific color. So obvious in retrospect, not so obvious when trying to figure it out!

Thank you to all for your help!

PS Hopefully my new profile picture will be less likely to induce heart attacks. ;-)

The Fill tool works very well when working with RGB.

I've seen this mentioned in other thread but have never figured how to use it on existing rgb color effects.

Occording to the LOR video on "fill", it sets effects in blank areas between 2 effects.

I understand how to use color fade but what am I missing with "fill" tg change existing color effects?

The Fill tool works very well when working with RGB.

I've seen this mentioned in other thread but have never figured how to use it on existing rgb color effects.

Occording to the LOR video on "fill", it sets effects in blank areas between 2 effects.

I understand how to use color fade but what am I missing with "fill" tg change existing color effects?

The fill tool working well for certain things, let's say you wanted your firesticks or arches to go from off to full to off, use the chase tool to chase up and down and then use the fill to fill In between.

Ah, it's all about Halloween! I'll see what other interesting Halloween-ish pictures I might be able to use. ;-)

I didn't even flinch with your current one...