Light-O-Rama Forums

Open Sequence Website

Caleb Linburg

I am still working on developing and getting my free sequence website ready for next Christmas season. It is going to be completely free to use, upload files and download files. It will host info about the songs, files and be searchable by titles, channel count, element type, and tons of other things. I would love to start it out with a nice batch of sequences so that it can be tested and ready to go when it is released. If anyone is interested, please send me your sequences and info about the songs at clinbu@gmail.com. I will add them to the site and be sure to post here when the site is up and ready. If you have any questions or suggestions for the site, feel free to post them below. 

I used the old LOR free sequence sharing site a lot  until it disapeared/removed late last year.

So will be curious what you come up with and good luck.

Something to think about. Dont know how much space you can dedicate to this. My sequences total about 15 gig from this past year. That is as lms files. if they are zipped up they are less then a gig. Not sure if they need to be zipped before uploading. Maybe only if they are up to a certain size.

I think I will be zipping larger files for upload. I have an unlimited hosting account (Im sure they will cut me off somewhere anyway), but I'm hoping to fund this with non intrusive ads on the website. Hopefully that will be enough to pay if I ever need to upgrade storage. I think for the start of it I will be handling uploads and info input manually until I get a better idea of the different types of files and display times I will need to account for. 

• The topic was locked