Light-O-Rama Forums

Cannot find file or folder

mark obermiller

Ok, I moved the location of my LOR sequence file. Every time I open the sequence editor I get the message, "Cannot find file or folder." Of course when I click OK I get the Open Sequence dialog box and I then navigate to the new location of my sequence file.

How can I tell the sequence editor to stop looking for the default file and to open automatically to my changed file location each time I start the sequence editor?

Thanks!

If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, I don't think it's the fact that you have moved the location of a sequence file.  I think it's that (I suspect) you've deleted or renamed the directory that LOR looks for sequences in by default.

You can change where it looks by default (and to therefore get rid of this message), but it might be easiest just to move the directory back to where LOR is expecting it.

If you want to change where it looks by default, you can do so as follows, but keep in mind that the directory must be named "Sequences", and also that changing this will also change where LOR looks by default for various other sorts of files (for example, your song files, your clipboards, your keymappings, and more).

First, shut down all of your running LOR programs, including stuff like the Sequence Editor, but also including the LOR Control Panel.  The LOR Control Panel is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray; you can shut it down by right-clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu that will open.

After everything is shut down, use Windows Explorer to go to the directory that holds your LOR program files (not the directory that holds your LOR sequence files).  This is typically, but not always, either:

C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama

or:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama

It might be on some other drive; for example D:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama.

In that directory, one of the files should be called LORPost.exe (it may show up for you as just "LORPost").  Run that program.

It will ask you for the directory that you want LOR to store your data in.  Tell it the directory above the directory that you store your sequences in.  For example, if you store your sequences in:

C:\LOR\Sequences

Then tell it:

C:\LOR