Light-O-Rama Forums

Configure and console settings for 8 row 14 inch Globe

Dennis Heydt

Purchased the 8 row glove kit.  Also purchase the Carol Of The Bells sequence.  I do have it loaded in the sequence editor.  Do not have all my strings built and do not have string controllers hooked up, will complete later.  Have the glove assembled and been trying to get it to show as in your video, but cannot match.  Not sure if I have my configurations correct.  Also am confused how to set the console.  The glove settings start with OD for top, and the bottom at OF.  I hope I have the strings strung the correctly in the globe.  Listed below are my configuration settings:

First controller unit ID = OD

2nd controller unit ID = OF

Configure screen:

Unit ID Mode = Dual Mode

Channel Mode = Triples

Standalone Speed = 8

Ribbon String Parameters:

50 Pixels

Number end to end = 1

First pixel status indicator = checked

CCP Color Correction Checked

Flip string 1 and string 2 = not checked

DMX Mode = Both macro and RGB channels

I will try to send a picture with the configure settings.  And maybe if needed I can send you a video of the globe how it is working.

One general question concerning cables, do CAT6 cables work with LOR? 

Those settings are correct. The only other thing is to know which is string 1 and which is string 2 coming out of the controller. As you are looking at the controller from the top with the power cord at the bottom and the plugs for the strings at the top, string 1 is on the top left and string 2 is on the top right.

As for the question about cat 6 cables, from what I have read on the internet cat 6 cables are better than cat 5 cables and can be used anywhere you use cat 5 cables.

• 1 month later...

Brian;

I have also got a question on controller ID.

The first year I had my pixel tree was on my regular network and my globe on an Aux network. The controller where as foloows. First CCP controller on the regular network was #4. etc.

Now I have added more   channel controllers, I moved all my CCP controllers to the Aux. network, but I didn't change the controller ID's.

I have bought some of your pixel tree with globe sequences and noticed that your sample tree has different controller ID's. Should I change my controller ID's to match yours.

I noticed this year running the sequences, that they where not doing what they where supposed to do. I could tell but I don't think people watching could tell. Lights on the back side of the tree would come on when they where not suppose too. Like when the music note go up the tree (which sould be they only thing on, I would have strings in the back of the tree on too. I've changed all the cat 5's (bought from LOR) so I don't think it would be that.

My pixel tree is set up just like yours. As I said. The first year it worked fine. Problems started after changing the controllers to Aux.

Thanks

The CCP tree sequences use an imported visualization, so you are running in Visualization mode. In Visualization mode superstar gets all the network and unit ID information from the visualization.

Each of the CCP Tree sequences come with a visualization of the CCP tree. There are default settings in the visualization. If you want to use different network/unit ID settings than the defaults, do the following:

1) Launch the Visualizaer

2) Change the network and unit ID settings in the visualization, save the visualization

3) Launch Superstar

4) Open a CCP sequence. It should automatically import the visualization.

5) Export the sequence

The exported sequence will have the new network and unit ID settings.

Note that when you install a purchased CCP sequence it will install the sequence, then it will attempt to install the visualization. It will see you already have that visualization and ask if you want to overwrite it. If you have changed the visualization to have new settings, then you will want to answer "No" when it asks if you want to overwrite it.

Thanks Brian,

All I did was to change the controller to the Aux. Everything looks great in SuperStar and in the visualizer. The problem is at the tree. It does strange things. Mostly what is programed, but  pixels come on when they are not suppose too, and the globe won't display a star that is suppose to go around the globe. It displays pixels that go around the the, but not in the configuration as programed. Just shows part of the star. When I get time, I'll run some tests. I have to replace my globe anyway, and I should receive t tomorrow.

Thanks

If you didn't change the visualization, I am assuming that you changed the network in the exported .LMS file. If that's what you did, and you didn't change any unit IDs, I don't know why it is misbehaving.

I changed the controller I.D .s in the visualizer then imported them into SuperStar, ran the sequence, then exported them. I do add the exported SuperStar into my regular sequences as a sub sequence. I don't copy and paste the exported file. Maybe I should copy and paste.

Indi you said you changed controller id's & put them on aux network. You also need to change the network in sequence editor for all those controllers from regular to aux.

Another thing to look at is the number of ccr's/ccp's on the network. Too many and you'll start to get bandwidth issues

Darryl:

Yes I did. But, I have the controller I.D's in sequence. (#4,5,6 etc.) I am using them in duel mode so I wonder if I need to change them to (#4,6,8 etc.)

Thanks

indi

What speed are you using on the aux network & how many ccp's?

I thought I saw one of your earlier posts saying you 9 ccps

I'm running 8 CCP controllers. 6 controllers for my pixel tree and 2 CCP controllers for the globe. I'm running 500 speed. I even slowed the speed down, with no difference. I have all my controllers set on duel mode. Everything is good in SuperStar and in the visualizer. It seems to be at the pixel tree where I see the problem.

After rereading one of your earlier post it seems like it's a channel configuration issue.  

it's Probably the macro channels that are shifting everything

Each set of 50 ccp's has 10 macro channels http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/CB100D_Man_Web.pdf    Page 16

When you export from superstar it exports these channels as well. So if you have 8 - 100 count ccp's superstar will export 160 channels of macros.

If you don't have these channels set up in sequence editor the channels get shifted.

You can remove the macros http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/34868-option-to-skip-export-of-macro-channels/

Someone else had similar issue & corrected it with upgrading lor http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/32790-things-change-from-superstar-to-export-to-lor-editor/ Last post he was having issues with smooth effects

Have you run the verifier?

Thanks Darryl: 

That is something I will look into when I get a chance. It maybe awhile, as I will be covered up with other things for the next month or so.