Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor > Edit > Use Internal Media?

rhino

What does this option do for the Sequence Editor?

I noticed that this is checked for all the sequences I built for this year.  But, all the sequences I copied from last year and modified for this year, this is not checked.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the issues I'm having with the MP3 Director on one of my sequences with it being checked.

It's a relatively new option.  I don't think it has anything to do with any issues that you might be having on an MP3 Director.  It's only used during editing in the Sequence Editor.

In past versions, we couldn't necessarily do things like display the waveform or enable the Beat Wizard.  Whether we could or not depended on the media file - if it was in a certain format, we could, but if it was in another certain format, we couldn't.  If this new option is on, though, then behind the scenes we'll make another copy of the media file, but in a format that we can use for stuff like that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed it would help keep the track synced with the visualization.  I kept wondering why a full sequence was good, but playing the visible screen was way off.

hilltop, the answer to that one is almost always due to the music mp3 file being a variable rate format rather than a fixed rate format.  Use Audacity to fix that.