Light-O-Rama Forums

Colors transition between spirals

Gilles

My spirals change from blue to red, with head lengths of 3. As the blue spiral comes to the end, I notice the head length dies down from 3 to 2 to 1 before red spiral head length starts from 1 to 2 to 3. My question is: is there a way to make the spirals start with 3 and end with 3?

While the color changes from blue to red, it passes through purple stage, can I eliminate this stage and still have smooth transition?

I'm sure there is a more definitive answer out there.

What are you setting the tail lenghts to and what is the time length on the tail?

I'm pretty sure that regardless of the settings that as the spiral moves off the last sting it will simply train off 3 to 2 to 1. I dont believe that it will stop with 3 left...

As for the color changes. Since you over overlapping morphs you are seeing color collisions that result in mixing. Red/Blue is purple, red/green is yellow etc ....

If you time it right, you can reduce the collisions and make the color mixing less noticable. For example, I created a morph and set the head to 3 and the tail to 6 and second morph over the same area with head 3 and tail 3. For color I set up red,red,red,black for the first and blue,blue,blue,black for the second.

I added the red morph then moved the spot where the red morph transistions from head to tail (you see the line in tail) .. I set the blue morph there.. what is seen is a break between the red and blue .. Start bumping the blue morph back to left (under the red one) until the head of the blue morph lights up just behind the tail of the red ..

Another spiral option outside of morphs is to use scenes and step them down the tree over a perid of time.

You can find an example here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eb079bauha6dqhk/1Step_Spiral_2X.scb?dl=0

If you download it, copy it in to your superstar clipboard directory and access it from there.

I hope this helps.. I'm sure (hope) there will be other replies

Bob

Edited by bob_moody

Thanks bob. I'll take a look at your file later today. I check the "show entire head at start" to take care of one of my problems.

Edited by Gilles

There is a start width and an end width for the spirals. Have you tried changing the end width? The end width is the width it will use at the end of the spiral.

As explained, when going smoothly from blue to red the color in between the two will be purple. If you don't like seeing purple, one option is to uncheck "Blend Colors". Another option is to set 3 colors for the spiral. Set blue as the first color and select black or white as the second color and select red as the third color. This will prevent you from ever seeing purple as the color in the middle.

Brian

I wasn't using Smooth Effects.  I was using morphs to create spirals.  I am playing with the spiral effects now but haven't gotten a hold of it yet. 

I am curious as to exactly how you are doing the morphs. Can you email your sequence file to brian@superstarlights.com  ?

The sequence file will be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / SuperStar / Sequences

Brian: it's your creation I believe. It's sample one that comes with the software, Vis_24x25_4RowGlobe_Spirals. I modified it to fit my criterias.

Ok, now I understand, it is the kind of spiral on a 360 degree tree. As you mentioned, selecting "show entire head at start" will make it so the head does not grow from 1,2 to 3 etc at the beginning. Not sure what to suggest as far as the smooth transition without going through purple.