Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding to previous programs

KStatefan

I have added a 864 pixel megatree to my display for this year.  I did the programming is superstar for the tree only.  What is the best way to add this to last years sequences?

You will need to add the tree to your current sequence.

Depending on how you have your current sequences set up ...

If I got this right .. your 864 pixels is 18 strings of 48? 

You dont mention how many universes you are occupying

You didnt mention how you created the sequence in SS..

Did you create and import a Visualization file in to SS or did you create it as CCR devices?

There may (Probably will ) be some additiona work needed depending on how you answer the above ..

.. but .. here is the basics

Rt click on the last channel

Select Insert Device

Select Insert Device Below

Give it a name like PixelTree

Select DMX Universe for the Device

Select your Universe Number

Select the # of channels in your Universe ... LOR is still hung up on groups of 16 ... so you may have to add a few channels or take a few out .. but this is gets a BULK number of channels added. However .. if my guess is right on you config .. 18 strings of 48 .. then there are 144 channels per string .. (Again .. assumptions .. you are using 1 univ per string .. if not .. the process is same you just extend your channel count... 2 strings is 288, 3 strings is 432 ... that should max you out per 512 channel universe. )

Click OK.. (this will create the number of channels you selected.. )

Next ... Lets convert them to RGB ..

Expand the group you just created ... select DMX 1.1 ( or the 1st channel)

Rt Click and select "Convert to RGB Channel"

If you WANT to name the channels .. heres your chance .. I dont myself..

Check the box "Also do this for the following channels"

Enter the number of RGB channels in this Group/Universe... for example .. if you are using 1 universe per string and the string is 48 pixels, then you would enter 48 and the 144 channels would be converted in to 48 RGB channels ...

Just repeat this process for each Universe/Device you need ..

If you use 1 string per universe .. you need 18 universes

if you use 2 strings per universe.. you need 9 universe

If you use 3 strings per universe.. you need 6 universe

Then you can perform a copy/paste (BY TIME) from the exported SS sequence into your completed sequence..

Again .. the above depends on how you created the sequence in SS.. You may need to some additional prep work like creating the tree twice .. once as CCR and once as DMX to kill off the 7 macro channels per CCR.

This is a start .. hope it helps ..

Bob

Edited by bob_moody

You will need to add the tree to your current sequence.

Depending on how you have your current sequences set up ...

If I got this right .. your 864 pixels is 18 strings of 48?  24 of 36

You dont mention how many universes you are occupying 6 Universes

You didnt mention how you created the sequence in SS..

Did you create and import a Visualization file in to SS or did you create it as CCR devices? Visualization File

There may (Probably will ) be some additiona work needed depending on how you answer the above ..

.. but .. here is the basics

Then what I gave you in the earlier post should work just fine ..

A little Jethro Bodine cipherin .. and when you create the chanels

you would select you universe number and select 432 channels

Then when you convert to RGB.. you would tell it to create 144 RGB channels ..

Then set you paste function to paste by time ..

Copy/paste and your golden. And Yes .. you should be to perform a single COPY and PASTE ..

Bob

Edited by bob_moody

The exported file does not have them has RGB channels.  Do I have to convert them before copying and pasting.  Here is a sample of the exported file.

SampleofSSExport_zpsfa920aac.jpg

I don't know if it is the right way to do it, but I export my Superstar sequences to a folder I created for these, then insert them in my existing sequence as a sub sequence. That is how I have been doing it. I haven't had any problems yet.

I don't know if it is the right way to do it, but I export my Superstar sequences to a folder I created for these, then insert them in my existing sequence as a sub sequence. That is how I have been doing it. I haven't had any problems yet.

Do you have to convert the SuperStar sequences to RGB or do they work as exported?

I import my visualization, in my case a pixel tree. Create my SS sequence, then export it to the folder I created. Open my existing sequence and right click on the line identifier. A window will open and I add (I think) channel above, a window will open, I give it a name (CCR Subsequence, the go down to devise, (LOR) then at the bottom and open a window and choose sequence. I think that's it. I'm not at home so I can't remember exactly. However, on LOR website under tutorial section, go to SuperStar and one of them has a video on how to do this. It shows both ways to add Superstar sequences to and existing sequence. 

Take  a look again at the second paragrah of my last post.

After you create the 432 channels

Convert them to RGB

Then Copy and Past by Time ...

Looking at you what you already have .. I'm thinking that it MAY go ahead and put every thing in the right place if you just click on the first one. tell it to conver to RGB then at the bottom of that box, tell it do that 144 times ..

You should then have 144 RGB channels ready to rock ...

Bob

BTW .. you did delete the 7 Macros per CCR ??

If not I have a post with a pgm that will do that for you ..

I import my visualization, in my case a pixel tree. Create my SS sequence, then export it to the folder I created. Open my existing sequence and right click on the line identifier. A window will open and I add (I think) channel above, a window will open, I give it a name (CCR Subsequence, the go down to devise, (LOR) then at the bottom and open a window and choose sequence. I think that's it. I'm not at home so I can't remember exactly. However, on LOR website under tutorial section, go to SuperStar and one of them has a video on how to do this. It shows both ways to add Superstar sequences to and existing sequence. 

Indi,

Thanks

I just tried it with a couple sequences, it seems to work fine. I didn't see the videos until now, so I've been doing a lot of cutting and pasting. Would have saved me a lot of time. These are for non-LOR rgb pixels; just have to remember to turn the line you create to " ON"