Light-O-Rama Forums

pvc window frames and 9' pvc spiral trees

bhunt240

I finally finished up the pvc window frames and wrapped them in red green and blue c6 leds. Also finished up the 9' tall pvc spiral trees they are 16ch with each ch having 1 50ct red c6 led, the trees utilize the same channels but the are wrapped in reverse and on each side of the display to save channels. Next year i plan on adding green and blue leds to the trees as well as 2 more controllers for the added colors

Next on the list to do is the roof gutter and ridge outlines with 1/2" metal conduit pipe and attach the 1000 C9 retro fit leds, finishing our leaping arches building a few more mini trees and adding all the strobe lights!

all of our displays lights came from Holiday Light Express

20141024_164220.jpg

20141024_164231.jpg

20141026_202125.jpg

20141026_202024.jpg

20141026_201922.jpg

20141026_202213.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. I like how you were able to get a pretty good purple color on the last shot of the PVC frames.

how do you attached the pvc frames to the windows?  Is your house stucco?  Been trying to figure out a nicer more consistent way of getting lights around my home.

This is my first year trying this but i bought the snap in metal broom clips we're going to use those if that doesn't work ill go back to the conduit clamps like i used last year

How do you attack the window frames to your windows? I have been looking at doing this as well, guess I need to get going. Also what size PVC did you use?

Okay i will try to explain this easily lol all my pvc and the metal emt conduit is all 1/2"

The bottom ring is made up of:

16 pieces 9.5" long

8 45° elbows

8 T elbows

The middle support ring is:

16 pieces 5.5" long

8 45° elbows

8 Cross connectors

The uprights are 52" each you will need 16 per tree

ill post pictures of the clamps im using for the frames

These are the clips i am using but for extra precautions im going to add a ziptie to 2 of the 4 that hold the windows and doors ill just run the tie through the open looped ends that go around the pvc to ensure it stays clamped tight and cant come off although they do feel firmly snapped in

20141029_165815.jpg

Yes i seen the holiday coro mounts but the plastic worried me with our winters the past few years we've had alot of ice....

Usually cold/ice = brittle

• The topic was locked