Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding various announcements, radio etc.

boisechris

Hi folks  :)

I am starting to put together my show and have a question for you all.....

I bought some segments from the Demented Elf and want to put the announcements radio etc before in the middle and at the end of the show. An example would be a spot for being kind to our neighbors..... you know the drill.

I know some people use software called Zara, but I'm looking for an easy solution to put the show together without making myself any crazier than I already am..

HELP!!

Best,

Chris

Zara radio is a broadcasting software that some radio stations use to play music, spots, ect.

An easy solution is to make a blank musical sequences with your audio segments or if you prefer make a musical sequences with your audio segments with some or all lights on with the duration of each audio segment, then include those "new audio segments sequences" in the order that you want in your show using the show editor, then save it and that's it!!

I use Audacity to record my own voiceovers for my show announcements. Quick hours, be kind to the neighbors thing over part of a song and do a simple light sequence to that. I use Zara for off hours music and announcements.

• Like 1

I do the same thing, just record the spots you want, how you want with Audicity, convert to MP3, then just sequence ( or not ) those audio files and place them in your show at spots you want. Even recording a specific spot for before the first show and one at the end of your show. Since mine tend to run an hour long I repeat certain spots ( like being mindful of traffic, etc ) about every two songs or so. Its easy and fun. I even did a spoof of myself talking to the lights and the lights coming on and off, but not in the order I was describing them...visitors really thought it was funny and enjoyed it very much.

I also put on my radio voice and do my own announcements.  (Kevin does great work and I've had him do some so we have variety, but I truly enjoy doing them myself.)  I did something similar last season and people loved it. 

I take advantage of a static light photo op sequence to do some short messages like headlights, free candy canes, etc.  Then at the end I say that I finally got me one of those Clappers that y'all have been seeing on TV for years, and I've been wanting to try it out and this looks like as good a time as any.  So here goes...  (sfx: two sharp claps)  Of course, the lights go dark at that exact instant and I exclaim: "Holy Cow! It really works!" 

Then, with zero time between sequences, the next one - Wizards - loads almost instantly and audio file starts with me saying: That's amazing!  I've gotta try that again.  (sfx: two sharp claps)  Then the song immediately starts with its great beginning...

I got as many comments on that as probably anything else I've ever done.  I like donning my Santa cap and making a candy cane mailbox supply run right after that, and I get a kick out of how many people think it was live and/or for real.  

Edited by George Simmons

Bought a package too. Since it was a lifetime package, I figured I would grow it over the years.

Maybe get some Christmas trivia this year, the elf jokes, a reminder to announce fun stuff like that.