Light-O-Rama Forums

officially a Lor member now

aesl1982

well thanks to all the answer you guys have guven me over the past week of me deciding and playing aroung with LOR, I ended up buying the shotime central 48 channel starter pack Excited to get it in the mail and get going. ill be playing with visualizer tonight laying things out.

Welcome! I joined this time last year. Don't get stressed out. As I found out last year, there are many, many helpful experts on this forum to help get you over any hurdle!

Welcome to your new addict.......I mean, hobby. 

Just some friendly advice, "Get Going, Soon!!!!"

This time of year, a lot of us are busy with our own displays. I start my main set-up in a little over 2 weeks with one of my pixel trees going up next weekend. I will be acquiring a singing pumpkin this weekend, so that will need to be set-up and tested, quickly too.

You have time to get a small show going for Christmas, but not a lot of it (time). If you can't fill up 48 channels, remember, your viewers won't know that, only you. 

Good luck, and happy lighting.

Ron

Yah I ordered a bunch of new lights. Went from my incandesent static display to all led lor display now. This year in doing the premade show on the sd card. Next year I'll do more

The big one to stay away from is the Martha Stewart lights - they tend to catch fire when dimmed.

Yeah, the home accent lights work okay, but if you get rain fairly often I would suggest using something like "no-lox" on them to prevent corrosion on the bulbs.  You may also need a "snubber" on some to make them work properly.

Tom Straub

Welcome to the madness!

I am doing some little things now (taking advantage of the warm weather).

Give yourself lots of time!

And have fun!!!

Just bit the bullet and ordered from Christmas lights etc and novelty lights. $800 ding and prolly didn't order enough lights

got a question though about singing faces. I see on hiloday coro they sell the set of four singing trees, and the sequence. it uses 32 channels. if I was to get them, what would I do with their sequence, is there a way to merge it into another sequence?

Here's how I do it, I open both sequences and add 32 channel to the sequence I want to add the faces to, and them copy the faces to the other sequence, its pretty simple.

Just make sure the song and sequence time from holiday Coro matches the song and sequence time I have correct?