Light-O-Rama Forums

pvc on roof ridge lines?

bhunt240

This year im adding pvc to the roof outline and im planning on doing 10' sections and going uo and across the ridges this year, but my main concern is what is everyone doing to fasten the pvc to the roof? I want it to be fastened down tight so nothing happens during storms like on my windows this year ill probably be using broom clips for them to pop in place and leave the clips up all year but on the roof I just cant see myself screwing broom clips into my shingles??

Any ideas before I get started on this and also as far as opinions would you do the pvc on the gutter line actually on the gutter or shingle line or would you put the lights down under the gutter by the eve's?

This year im adding pvc to the roof outline and im planning on doing 10' sections and going uo and across the ridges this year, but my main concern is what is everyone doing to fasten the pvc to the roof? I want it to be fastened down tight so nothing happens during storms like on my windows this year ill probably be using broom clips for them to pop in place and leave the clips up all year but on the roof I just cant see myself screwing broom clips into my shingles??

Any ideas before I get started on this and also as far as opinions would you do the pvc on the gutter line actually on the gutter or shingle line or would you put the lights down under the gutter by the eve's?

I like to put the lights under the gutter, not sure where your located. But in the northeast we sometimes get a lot of snow and ice. If I can't get my icicle lights down before the really bad weather the ice doesn't collect on them as much under the gutter. Just personal preference