Light-O-Rama Forums

It was a fun run.....

Mike Cole

We'll it has happened......My show has gone permanently dark. As my display grew each year, the setup time just became to much. So I decided to sell if I could unload it ALL at one time, no piece by piece,no shipping, no hoping checks are good,....just take it all and I will make you a hellofa good deal. Word of mouth found a buyer and a deal was made and now both cars fit in the garage! This has been the best hobby I've ever had. I learned a lot and enjoyed all the pleasure it brought to others, but I'm the kind of guy that jumps in with both feet and when I feel like I've done what I wanted, I'm done, and on to the next hobby. So, thank you LOR, and thank you forum members for all the help over the years. It's been a great ride!......Mike (Sparkylights on YouTube )

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to see you go and I know you put a lot of smiles on a lot of faces with that outstanding display that you had, 

Thank You for Sharing.

Hi Mike,

Sorry to see you go.  As you know, I've been inspired by and have admired your sequencing (and your display) for years.  I'm going to miss that.  I hope you'll keep your videos up for a while - I never tire of seeing them.  Good luck with your next hobby!

Edited by George Simmons

Sorry to see the lights go dark.  When I started a couple of years ago, your videos got me hooked! :)

Can't imagine going dark. But I can understand being overwhelmed by your own hobby. The stress is getting intense here as well.

Here's my plan for the future. I'll continue converting LED elements to RGB. When that is complete, I'll freeze my display size and just concentrate on sequencing and penguins. Of course, then the wife will say, " you know what we need....."

Sorry to see you go also.  You have been one of my favorite sequencers to watch.  Your methods of revealing the display during songs and your musical choices with the westerns and orchestral pieces are great and memorable.   Your Sandstorm sequence will still live on in my display for more years.

Good luck with whatever your new hobby will be.

Your display and sequences were always very well planned out and a pleasure to watch, as well as very motivating. TY

And another GREAT LOR user and Display sadly bites the dust.  You're displays and videos will be missed by more than you may ever know.

Good luck on whatever your next hobby may come to be.

• 4 weeks later...

I just stumbled onto this thread and watched your videos. WOW! They are now bookmarked in my browser and I will be watching them many times. Did i mention WOW they are good? I mean, WOW!!! Sorry to see you go!

P.S. WOW!

+1 WoW Mike, you did a great job with your elements and sequencing, you will be missed.  RGB in some ways has a different learning curve, but can cut down on the set up time a lot with only being 1 set of lights to run in spots.

Enjoying the videos for sure.  What was the source and title of the mp3 for the 2011 techno christmas mix?

Alan

I too just stumbled into this thread.. Mike.. you can't stop now.. I watched your videos and I am sure you missed one pixel in one of the shows.. I won't tell you which one.. you have to find it.. you now must go back and redeem yourself by programming that one pixel back in all the show and retake all the videos.. that should take a good two or three years.. So.. you can't go yet.. :P

UPDATE.. Seems there was a nat smashed on my screen.. I wonder if that was anywhere around the missing pixel... hhhhuuummmm....  I have to assume not!   :rolleyes:

Love your shows! 

Mike

I plan on gaining the full use of my garage this year too but I did it a totally different way. I built a 20 ft x 40 ft work shop with 10 ft ceilings to move my display into after the 2014 season. if you go to kevinkolak.com you can see the size of the display. My wife can't wait to get the garage back. Good luck with your new project.....

• 2 weeks later...

And another GREAT LOR user and Display sadly bites the dust.  You're displays and videos will be missed by more than you may ever know.

Good luck on whatever your next hobby may come to be.

Seconded. We really liked watching your videos each year. Good luck in future endeavors.

• The topic was locked