Light-O-Rama Forums

Any word on the summer sale?

machtoo

Was looking for info on th summer sale but did not find any.  Anyone heard when it will occur?  Thanks

I dont have an inside track on the date. But using past as a marker. I suspect that we will see it in July maybe. but in case I am wrong. Be sure to check in often.

We don't reveal any secrets about any possible sales early.  Make sure you are signed up for the mailing list on the main LOR website to get a notice if/when a sale takes place.

• 3 weeks later...

No word still....

We don't reveal any secrets about any possible sales early.  Make sure you are signed up for the mailing list on the main LOR website to get a notice if/when a sale takes place.

I have signed up multiple times and never get the emails... :-(  and no they are not in my junk file or blocked by spam filter. :-)

• Like 1

I have signed up multiple times and never get the emails... :-(  and no they are not in my junk file or blocked by spam filter. :-)

Check the forums, daily, then. You can be assured that people will be talking about it anytime a sale is announced.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The tentative dates for the sale this year are August 9th to August 18th. Will be sending an email today or tomorrow. Assembled AC cards will be on sale. Almost everything will be on sale. There will be a flyer as well but it will not list all sale prices only some items so if it is not on the flyer is is probably still going to be on sale. 

Dan

This is great news!  Now saving my weekly allowance for that special sale.  Thank you for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...

Intreseting. THe charge showed up on my account and then disapeared......  Could it be?????   I never win anything.... ok, almost never... I won a 50/50 like 30 years ago but that is it. With all I have going on it shore would be nice.

Intreseting. THe charge showed up on my account and then disapeared......  Could it be?????   I never win anything.... ok, almost never... I won a 50/50 like 30 years ago but that is it. With all I have going on it shore would be nice.

Not necessarily, check this thread: . http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/32121-faqs-for-the-summer-sale/

And in case you missed it, a little info taken and copied and pasted from that thread url above: {Mainly what I bolded and highlighted in red}

Paypal/Credit Card/Debit Card Authorizations:

When you place your order, we ask Paypal or your CC company/bank for an authorization for the amount of the order.  This authorization is not an actual charge, however it may impact your available credit and/or available cash for debit accounts.  These holds are beyond our control, and you will need to contact your Bank or CC company about them.

Please note that your authorization may expire before your order ships.  If you used Paypal, you may receive some cryptic eMail about this expiration.  You can safely ignore that eMail.  When we are ready to ship, we will re-authorize the charge and then complete the transaction.

When ready to ship your order we will charge the payment type on file.  You should ensure that even if the authorization expired that you have sufficient credit or cash available in the account for your purchase at all times.  We are not responsible for over limit and/or bounced check charges if you fail to maintain the needed balance or credit line.

Did I win?/Who Won?/I got charged, I didn't win! (Or did I?)

Please refrain from opening trouble tickets or calling in to see if you won TryForFree, or for who won TryForFree.  We will notify all winners either with a note in their order, or by other means.  We will post on our website a list of all winners at the end of the contest.

Since we will begin shipping orders BEFORE the winners are selected, your order may be charged and then later refunded (up to $1500, please see official rules).  Others may simply get their order for free without a charge being made at all.  In other words, it is not over until it is over and we post the list of winners.   

-----------------------------------------------------------8< end copy and paste >8-------------------------------------------------------------------

So don't go spending that money that has been "un"-charged just yet, it may yet still get charged back to you!   And if you spend it thinking you won, and then they process your order and the funds aren't there, you may not receive your order at all!

You'll know when they let you know if you won or not.

Edited by Orville