Light-O-Rama Forums

2 light o rama menu's in start menu

musicman130

After installing the LOR II gama release, I saw a new lor menu under all my previous installed items. I thought it was because it was just put in as an update. well, I look and there is another light o rama menu with all the same stuff that the new one has.
They seem to be the same thing, but I'm just wondering if anyone else saw this?

Rob

Guest wbottomley

musicman130 wrote:

After installing the LOR II gama release, I saw a new lor menu under all my previous installed items. I thought it was because it was just put in as an update. well, I look and there is another light o rama menu with all the same stuff that the new one has.

Rob

It sounds like the installer didn't remove the old one.

nothing here...only the one...even the desktop icon got changed to say LOR 2.0

what version did you update from? i have a feeling the installer might have been written to target 1.6.1+ and not the 1.5.x...might have overlooked that

When upgrading from 1.6, it worked fine for me, but on by laptop used for lights, I upgrade from 1.5, and it left that orphan copy there on me too.

cenote wrote:

When upgrading from 1.6, it worked fine for me, but on by laptop used for lights, I upgrade from 1.5, and it left that orphan copy there on me too.

then i guess my guess is on the money...upgrade to 1.6.x THEN to LOR II and you wont have that problem

johnny christmas wrote:

cenote wrote:

then i guess my guess is on the money...upgrade to 1.6.x THEN to LOR II and you wont have that problem

Not true. I installed 1.5 then 1.6.1 on a test box today before installing 2.0 and I have two copies of LOR in the programs list.

johnny christmas wrote:

I was already at 1.6.3 before the upgrade, and I do have the duplicate start menu item. Don't kow why I didnt notice it before, I just simply deleted the extras.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Is one Light-O-Rama and the other one LightORama? I thought that was reported and dealt with. One of the former LOR I versions had a different name (as explained) and made it possible to leave and orphan folder in the start menu.

Jeff

Yup, this is what happened to me too. I upgraded from 1.6.1 on Windows Vista Buisness.

This happened to me too on both machines. One is running XP and the other is running ME. One is called LightORama and the other is Light-O-Rama, but everything seems to be working fine, just two copies.

Chad

One of the versions of LOR inadvertenly had LightORama rather than Light-O-Rama as the startup folder name. You can just delete the LightORama folder.

musicman130 wrote:

Rob

I too have this...

Icon 1: "C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama"

Icon2 : "C:Program FilesLight-O-RamaLORSequenceEditor.exe"