Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Question - sharing sequences

Guest guest

For those who don't know Hardrock Coco and Joe (its a regional thing) go to www.wgntv.com and the have a link to the original cartoon along with Susi Snowflake which I'll also be coding and I'll send that also. The music is from a local group called Stormy Weather on the album Doo Wop Yule Bop.

Hey that's what I am here for Tim, comedy relief. Actually I thought it was a song, BUT with so many newbs around the last week or so you never know. lol:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Attached files 4670=322-1.gif

Not sure, I would say at least a season. I am coming upon being here about 5 years. However we just changed to this wonderful new forum board about a week ago. The other one got kind of cramped so Chuck found us all a new place to play with new toys and LOTS of room.:waycool::waycool::waycool:

I'll be counting the days. I will say that this is the friendliest forum especially towards newbies. Took me a day or so to figure out that not everyone signed up in the last couple of weeks. Sorry it took me so long to find this place.

George

George Miller wrote:

So how long do you have to be around before your no longer a newbie?

Careful there, that's the sort of question that can open up a huge can of worms here!

Other such questions have been:

- How tall does a pole-based tree need to be to be considered a "mega tree"?
- How do you count lights? Do you count blacked-out lights? What about rope light? Should blowmolds count as one light or 6,000 since they're so utterly cool?
- How many lights should a Christmas tree have?
- etc.

These questions tend to generate long discussions when there's no good answer (and most-often, no real need for an answer).

In my book, you're no longer a nebie when you've been here for a time and have participated in a number of threads and have become recognizable. There are probably a lot of people here who've been here for years that are still 'newbies' in my mind because I don't see them post much.

-Tim

So how DO you count your lights tim? Just kidding with you. I have several people ask me how many lights I have, and I just throw a approximation out there. It isn't about howm many lights I have, but if it looks good to me. Course papers, onlookers, and even my parents like to know, but who can count when you just keep putting them up. lol I am STILL looking for a magical light gun to buy that they had on The Grinch movie. lol

Would love to see any sequences you would be willing to share. My e-mail is sntaclausfrompc@removethisinsightbb.com of course remove the remove this. lol I do that to try to throw off all the bots that harvest e-mail adresses.

Marty Slack wrote:

Hey Flanman. Send me an email and I'll hook you up. Anyone else out there as well.

Please add me to your santa delivery list. I just got my controllers and I need a couple of examples to go by.

Thanks, RZ HILL:happytree:

I was able to create a few 16 channel sequences last week. I am sure they are very basic compared to what several of you have done, but you can download them from my website at www.flanman.net and click on the links section. I am still waiting on my controller, so I have only been able to view/test them with the aminater tool included with the software.

Flanman