Light-O-Rama Forums

Software to help sequencing songs?

drums114

I was on YouTube earlier and came across software that helps sequence a song.  I can't remember the name of it.  Has anyone used it or the name of it?

The Superstar Sequence Editor has an 'atuo-sequence' feature. As far as LOR programs go, that's the only one that would 'help' with the programming.

I was on YouTube earlier and came across software that helps sequence a song.  I can't remember the name of it.  Has anyone used it or the name of it?

Do you have the YouTube link?

SS is SuperStar.

Maybe Nutcracker? Or Madrix...but that's doesn't create a sequence that you can add to S3. It creates effects that can be added to S3 using triggers...or something like that. I haven't used either.

I'll have to try Bobs SpEx. Everything else he touches has been worth gold.

SS is SuperStar. Maybe Nutcracker? Or Madrix...but that's doesn't create a sequence that you can add to S3. It creates effects that can be added to S3 using triggers...or something like that. I haven't used either. I'll have to try Bobs SpEx. Everything else he touches has been worth gold.

+1 Kevin

Your wrong I have found out how to use super star and then important it it s3 and run it as a regular sequences I have made 30 like this takes me adout three hours to do it

Your wrong I have found out how to use super star and then important it it s3 and run it as a regular sequences I have made 30 like this takes me adout three hours to do it

No one is stating you can't do that with SuperStar. You suppose to do that....create the sequence in SS and import it into S3. I was talking about Madrix. I'm no 100% sure...I haven't used it, but I believe you would run both S3 and Madrix at the same time. S3 would trigger Madrix when to run. The effects created in Madrix is not something you can import into S3 like with SS.

There is a few people here that use it and probably can better answer.

A lot of this is going over my head.  Even though I'm going into my 3rd year, I'm still really new with this.  Due to time constraints, I haven't had a lot of time to research and learn LOR like I wish I had.  I watched some of the YouTube training videos they have for S3 and then just dove in and starting experimenting.  That was in 2012 and I haven't really had time to do more research or learning, just going by the seat of my pants.  I want to start learning more for 2014, I'll find time somewhere.  Recovery from my upcoming surgery will probably give me ample reading/video watching time.  I've never used, opened or even looked into SuperStar.  Is there a good tutorial on how it works and how it's different than S3?  Also, from what I'm reading, I can take something from SS and put it into S3 so I can run the show?  Sorry for the dumb questions, but like I said, my only LOR knowledge is very elemental stuff on sequence editor.

Kevin I not sure all I do is I set up the auto sequencer for the song I doing run it important into s3 then you have to copy and past it to a regular set up sequence then it runs as a normal sequence

Here is how you can do an LOR Sequence with Superstar

1) Open SuperStar. Go To Tools/Create Quick Visualization

2) Enter your controller information then press Quick Viz

3) A visualization has been created. Not much to look at but the lights will blink.

4) Click on Tools/Instant Sequence and Open Audio File,Roll Dice,Sequence All and then Play/Stop All

5) Export your masterpiece. File/Export...and Save (give it name you will remember)

6) Open LOR Sequence Editor. Navigate to your recently saved Instant Sequence, press OK

7) There's your newly created sequence

I dont use roll the dice I spent a lot of time going threw all the setups found one that once you run it you export it as a sub file you then set up a new sequence of the song with the regular lor sequencer editor then you open the sub file  and cut and past the channels from the sub file to the lor file you have a complete sequence in lest than 30 min all you have it to clean it up a little

80% of the sequences I share are done this way works real good and as I keep using it find better ways to do it I can get almost get all of the sing out of the sub file to add later helps to make super star make  a cleaner set up